I guess you can say our weekend was busy. We took the girls to Island Playground for their birthdays {yes...their birthdays have come & gone...don't ask}. We stopped by Home Depot, I went grocery shopping, we attended church, the girls had a surprise birthday party on Friday from my mother in law, and a birthday party sunday evening from my parents. I'm TIRED of birthdays! Between the two of them, they have had FIVE birthday celebrations, four of them in one week!
Today I took Adison to the doctor for her two year check up. Of course, they were not happy at all that she had not been to the doctor in a year (since her first birthday check-up) & we're even more "upset" that she was behind on 6 vaccines. Did I mention they wanted to give her all six today? Ha, I told them she could have four. We ended up getting her the four "most important" or as her doctor said "lets pick the four severe sickness & death causing diseases that we still see today to vaccinate her with". Give me a break, in a way, I didn't want to get any of them for her, but after days of sitting on it, we felt the most peace with going ahead and getting her up to date. I still feel good about the decision, just wish they didn't push it so much at the doctors & make unnecessary comments. I then proceeded to talk with him about Adison's "problems" with sleeping/falling asleep/leaving me etc. and he said that it's because I took away her boundaries when I took her out of a crib, and that she needs to be in a crib until three years old according to the american academy of pediatrics or whatever. At this point, I wanted to just roll my eyes & leave. Three years old in a crib? Give me a break, she was climbing out of her crib at 13 months! It has nothing to do with her sleeping in a regular bed, she has been in a regular bed for a long time now, and has never had a problem. I know that it's separation anxiety, because like I told him...she wont go into nursery anymore, in a room that I'm not in, or get too far away from me anywhere. But he failed to listen to me, and kept saying that it leads back to the crib & that he has a hand out for me on it...which he never did give me. I am thinking of switching doctors, not because this one seems to have lost his mind since the last time we've seen him, but also because I just didn't feel heard, he was in such a rush and was FLYING through his check list that he couldn't take the time to listen to my concerns. :/
On another note, Riley has been an awesome big sister these past couple days, and an awesome mommies helper. When Adison slept over at my moms, Riley woke up and said she was ready for her sister to come home because she missed her. Of course that made me smile! I took the girls to play at Burger King today, and as usual, Adison got "stuck" at the top of the play place. A large, grown man went up and got her down, and Riley said "Mom! That man saved my sister! He is a real hero!" LOL, where does she get these things from?
What have we done this past week to prepare for our little sister? Not a ton. Bought more hangers? Finally found a one piece pacifier that is sold in an actual store around here! Purchased a few more cloth diapers...and ate! That's about it. I'm 30 weeks along, and this little girl is getting big. I'm getting to the "uncomfortable" stage, where her kicks and moves are beginning to be a little painful, and sleeping & walking(long amounts of time) are getting a little harder. I'm going to be patient & enjoy this little one inside me.
Hubbies job is still going good. He is still getting a good amount of OT, and they expect to pick up even more as summer hits. He is one of the top tech's right now, I'm pretty proud of him :)
I guess i'll leave you at that...! And with some pictures to enjoy of course...
I agree that you should switch doctors - the one you have now sounds horrible. I went to the pediatricians until recently actually because I loved the Dr. there so much. Im very picky about the Dr. I see. She is with sea island pediatrics (over near battery creek rd.) and her name is Nicole Broerman(sp?). You should look into switching to her - I love her. This their office is pretty close to you too.
ReplyDeletesteffenboysmom: The school district can try to force you, but legally, you should be able to sign a waiver for philisophical or religious reasons (depending on your state). Only about two states do not have some sort of waiver or protection for you. Even with a waiver you could still be harrassed often, but you'll have your bases covered. Some states have a waiver that you print out or pick up some where. Most just ask you to carry a note that you've signed (sometimes notarized).
ReplyDelete