You are TWO years old! I can't believe how time has flown by.
I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday.
My water broke on a Saturday, but I waited a pretty long time to go to the hospital, about 11 hours (I wasn't 100% sure if it was broke or not). We packed up all our stuff, said goodnight to your big sister & headed out to have you!
You came pretty quick! I was only in actual labor with you for 5 hours. When you were born, you had the umbilical cord around your neck, and a true knot in your cord(a really tight knot in your cord, that was cutting off your oxygen supply). The doctor said it was a miracle you we're alive.
I really enjoyed getting to spend the 24 hours in the hospital "alone" with you, and we had lots of visitors. Your big sister Riley came & she didn't know what to think. I think you scared her, because she cried for a while after seeing you (she was still a baby herself, 13 months old). However, when we got to bring you home, she loved you! She loved holding you & feeding you.
When I was pregnant with you, I told your daddy that I hoped you were attached to me, because Riley was always really independent and so I wanted you to be a clingy baby. I got what I wished for! You have been a mama's girl since the day you were born! Even now, at two years old, when I ask you if your a big girl, you say "no! I A BABY!" You also ask me to "hold you like a baby" all the time, and tell me that your the "baby chunka monka" (chunka monka, one of your many nicknames). You love sleeping with mama, being held, being babied, and following me around everywhere I go.
Now your about to be a big sister, and it makes me teary-eyed sometimes thinking about you not being the "baby" of the family anymore. Two years is a long time to be tied to my hip, ya know :) and have gotten a little attached to you to. (As I'm writing this, your in your bedroom crying for me to come sleep with you...I'm trying to get in a small break here, ok?) You make me very proud when you make strides towards being independent. Like potty training, which you almost have down 100% now. Or going into the church nursery & playing the entire time (without me having to come get you). I am happy that you feel safest with me, baby girl. No matter how many siblings you end up having and no matter how old you get, you will always be my baby!
Happy Second Birthday, Sweet Baby, Adison.














I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday.
My water broke on a Saturday, but I waited a pretty long time to go to the hospital, about 11 hours (I wasn't 100% sure if it was broke or not). We packed up all our stuff, said goodnight to your big sister & headed out to have you!
You came pretty quick! I was only in actual labor with you for 5 hours. When you were born, you had the umbilical cord around your neck, and a true knot in your cord(a really tight knot in your cord, that was cutting off your oxygen supply). The doctor said it was a miracle you we're alive.
I really enjoyed getting to spend the 24 hours in the hospital "alone" with you, and we had lots of visitors. Your big sister Riley came & she didn't know what to think. I think you scared her, because she cried for a while after seeing you (she was still a baby herself, 13 months old). However, when we got to bring you home, she loved you! She loved holding you & feeding you.
When I was pregnant with you, I told your daddy that I hoped you were attached to me, because Riley was always really independent and so I wanted you to be a clingy baby. I got what I wished for! You have been a mama's girl since the day you were born! Even now, at two years old, when I ask you if your a big girl, you say "no! I A BABY!" You also ask me to "hold you like a baby" all the time, and tell me that your the "baby chunka monka" (chunka monka, one of your many nicknames). You love sleeping with mama, being held, being babied, and following me around everywhere I go.
Now your about to be a big sister, and it makes me teary-eyed sometimes thinking about you not being the "baby" of the family anymore. Two years is a long time to be tied to my hip, ya know :) and have gotten a little attached to you to. (As I'm writing this, your in your bedroom crying for me to come sleep with you...I'm trying to get in a small break here, ok?) You make me very proud when you make strides towards being independent. Like potty training, which you almost have down 100% now. Or going into the church nursery & playing the entire time (without me having to come get you). I am happy that you feel safest with me, baby girl. No matter how many siblings you end up having and no matter how old you get, you will always be my baby!
Happy Second Birthday, Sweet Baby, Adison.















Happy Birthday to Adison!! :)
ReplyDeleteCute photo! Time flies, right? Bet adison is looking forward to being a sister! Adorable new blog design!
ReplyDelete