Friday, March 5, 2010

names and dipes.

I finally have some down time! After 2pm, woohoo. 
The girl's just went down for quiet time. I peeked on them a few minutes ago and Riley plugged her tv in and was laying in bed watching cartoons. I'm picking & choosing my battles with that one. 

Adison was in her room playing with toys. OH, this morning I moved Adison back into her own room. Since this baby is a girl, she can share with Adison. Riley's room is the smallest, it was actually very hard to fit two beds in there along with anything else.
 
Adam and I tried to do some name picking last night. We, again, most likely will not have a definite name chosen until she is here. He likes Chandler. For a girl. I like Chandler, but I've always thought of it as a boy name. You know, Chandler on friends. Maybe it will grow on me, plus on all the baby name sites, it comes up as either a female name or unisex. 
I like Hadley. But he doesn't. So, this is really a back and forth thing to the end. I'm sure there will be more options thrown into the mix in the next 20 weeks.





So that is little...Chandler/Hadley/Unknown! At 18 & 6. I took this picture with my phone, which is why it is not the best quality. Her legs were up, she looks all cozy. For being 19 weeks along, I do not feel her that much, still!! The most I felt her was one time, when I was 17wks. But since then, I haven't noticed much of anything at all. I suppose that's fine, she is alive & healthy and she is moving, whether I feel it now or not.

While I'm on this break, I am researching cloth diapers.  There are so many things to consider and so many different diapers it's almost confusing! I started cloth diapering with middle sister. I used all fuzzi bunz. I actually had a pretty big stash of 17 fb's. However, they were awful. I mean, it was like a horror story using them. I find it really weird that I had such bad luck with them, because they get great reviews and lots of people love them. They leaked ALL THE TIME. I live 2.6 miles from our church, and I would put my daughter in a fresh diaper, load her in the car, drive straight to church, and by the time I would get her out of the carseat...she'd be soaked (through the diaper). She was a little heavy wetter, but even so...they didn't last even 8 minutes! Yes, I stripped them(about twice a month). No, I did not use harsh detergent on them. Yes, they leaked even when I had two inserts in. It was just an awful experience for me! Plus, they were so bulky my kiddo couldn't wear jeans! Or any kind of "fitted" pants. 

I really want to cloth diaper! I just need to find the right diaper! A friend of mine let me use a coolababy aio diaper (the ebay diaper) & I like it allot so far. No pockets, no leaks, no smell, no stain so far. So that is an option, plus they are very cheap. Her baby is just about 2 months old now...so I'm going to wait and see from her on how they hold up in the months to come. 

Then I found "green & comfy" diapers. Which use to be Wonderworks diapers. They are cheap, and the pocket ones have good reviews...they look and seem to be just like fuzzi bunz though, so I'm kind of hesitant about them. 



I have not looked into bum genius, because my friend uses them and I already know how bulky they are. I have never tried covers and pre folds, fitteds, etc. 
Anyone else out there have a favorite diaper? Or diaper advice?












6 comments:

  1. My friend uses the bumgenius brand and loves them. I guess I thought all cloth diapers were pretty bulky. She doesn't have any complaints.

    Congrats on the GIRL!! I know you were hoping for a boy, but yes, you have MANY fertile years ahead of you! haha (unlike some of us!) I like Hadley. Chandler?? I think EVERYONE from our generation would think of Chandler on Friends, so that might be tough. I had a boy a few years ago at school named Chandler. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another baby girl!

    I agree that the bumgenius are too bulky, that's what we've tried so far. I have an Econobum and a Flip (from cottonbabies.com) that I'm trying this weekend and another from etsy. I'll probably blog about them next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never did the cloth diapers so I can't help you out there. I am a little jealous of all the mommies who have the patience to do them though because they are so much more cheaper in the end than regular disposables!

    I do like Hadley!!! David and I had a hard time decided on a name for Allie too! It took us a 24 hour car drive to Ok 2 days straight to hash it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! One of the moms in the group has a Hadley! Remember Anna's little boy? Maybe you didn't meet her?

    Hope you have success with the cloth diaper thing. I'm a die hard Fuzzi Bunz fan (and have Bum Genius too, and really the only remarkable difference is snap vs. velcro, LOL).

    Have I recommended to you the babynamewizard.com site yet? It's amazing! The book is even better. It's the most amazing name book out there. Has so many unique names and groups them for you. I think you'd like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name Chandler!Love it!

    Your having a girl...awwww so sweet :)
    My hubby wants a Daddy's Lil' Girl so bad!

    Gongrats sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Shay, I have a good friend who was using cloth diapers... I will ask her what brand it is because when I talked to her a few months ago she LOVED them.

    ReplyDelete