Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's A...

Girl! 
Yes, another one! I had a feeling it was a girl. 
Right now, I'm pretty happy.
Was I happy when I found out?
I think I was in shock...that it really really really was a third girl. I didn't cry...I just didn't know what to think. Disappointed? A little, yes. I felt like one of those women back in the old days who couldn't give their husbands a son. Until I was reminded that I'm only 21, I have about 16 more fertile years to bear children! Hello!
So I post this on facebook, and people are already making comments about how we may never have a boy and so & so had 7 girls or so & so had all girls, etc.  Give me a break, just because we have three little girls now, does not mean that we will never, ever, ever have a boy.
Anyway, I did a little shopping & thinking, and I'm over it & pretty happy.  I have a healthy growing little baby inside me, that God gave to me, girl or boy, in the end, it doesn't matter. 
It actually makes me cry for feeling the way I felt in the first place. Just yesterday I was reading a story in the mops magazine about a lady who found out her second child had down syndrome. When she found out, she cried  and cried and cried and told God she didn't want a child with down syndrome and that it wasn't fair. Well, after the little girl was born the doctors called her & told her that she needed to bring the girl back to the hospital immediately because some test results came back and something could be even more seriously wrong. The lady wrote that she fell to her knees after that phone call thinking "this is it...I told God I didn't want a child with down syndrome and he is going to take her back...". In the end, she ended up begging God to keep he child alive and learned to love her & what not and now she can't imagine her life with out her. 
Okay, I am not saying that me having a third girl is as bad as finding out there is something wrong with your child, or even close. The part that got me as I was thinking about it, is the "God taking her back" part. Even though I want to give my husband a son, even though everyone is saying i'll never have a boy now, even though everyone thinks the teenage years are going to be awful for me and they are sending their prayers in advance...I wouldn't want it any other way. I would never want God to take this little girl back.  

Phew! So, we'll have "big sister" "middle sister" "little sister"! How cute.
In the ultrasound, which my dad did and my very good friend was there for, she had hiccups and even peed! I got to see the little urine bubbles. She is measuring 18wks & 6 days. I think she's growing way fast. EVERY time I have an U/S she is measuring further and further away from her original due date! Before I know it they'll be changing her due date to mid July! My original edd was Aug 3. Then at my first US it was Aug 1. Then when they measured my belly it was July 31. Now it would be something like July 29th! Keeping it at August 1 though. 
We have not decided on an exact name yet. We are throwing a few around. I don't know when we'll know! With Adison we didn't decide until she was born! With Riley i think I was 6 months. Oh well, we have time! Now I can relax, and enjoy this little girl in my bellly while it last's! 
Here's to...three healthy little girls! 




13 comments:

  1. The article you mentioned about the woman with the baby who has down syndrome made me think of this blog, http://www.kellehampton.com/ I L-O-V-E it and thought you may too. Her kids are adorable and the blog is beautifully done. You might enjoy it. Gongrats on a healthy baby girl. Boy-Girl doesn't matter - you will love the baby the same no matter what! : ) Im excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on the new baby girl. I have 2 girls!!! Keep us posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! So happy for you and your family. I would love to have 3 girls. Boys are WILD!! I am sure they get easier as they grow, but my daughters temperament is much easier to handle right now. Best wishes that the rest of your pregnancy goes well and can't wait to see pics of that baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the perfect example of thinking we would never get a baby of another sex and looky where I'm at :) Never say never because just when you think there is absolutely no chance God will surprise you. We were completely done with kids-I had given up the thought of a girl and we were having no more until out of the blue God had a plan bigger than any of us could have imagined and now I have my Allie.

    Even so...even if you never have another one you will have a precious little girl and that will be all that matters. Your husband will love and adore them more than anything in the world and that is the most important thing!

    Congrats-I'm so happy for you but most of all that she's healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something special about having girls....ohhh boys are okay,.they carry on the family name...but girls, they are so loveable, so cute, you can dress them so nice and well....sisters....there is never a bond like sisters. It is a wonderful time... praise God for another healthy baby girl.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you're having another girl! I'm so excited to see her! I can't wait to see Riley with her!

    And the babies that are to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praise God for a healthy baby! He knew you will raise your daughters to be Godly women!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. I think your girls will be best of friends.
    I know what you mean about the boy situation but like you said, Your only 21. BUT SERIOUSLY YOUR ONLY 21? I FEEL SO OLD! your only 21 and you can and will have a boy in the future if you decide to keep trying.

    I'm glad your girls will have another sister. Congrats to your family.

    What will the name be?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on a healthy baby girl! How fun! If you do have her on July 29th, that is Emma's birthday!! I love your take on the whole situation. Such a good attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about only mine were all boys...and yes, I cried when I found out my twins were boys too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family. I love having all girls! My poor husband I think doubted every ultrasound we had...hoping that it could possibly be a boy, but NO! I can't wait to see picts of your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on baby girl number three! I'm only on number two, but people keep telling me that they see me with all boys. It makes ne sad because I hope to one day have a daughter... But again... This is only #2... I think I'm getting ahead of myself and I don't even know what this one is.

    Each kiddy is a blessing... But I feel you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have 3 girls and one boy. So there is hop :)

    ReplyDelete