Tuesday, June 5, 2012

5. And an update! :)

Our sweet boy is now 3 weeks old, and I'm so in love with him! It is an indescribable feeling. Blessed. Happy. Content.
11 hours of active labor later...my first time holding him! About 20 minutes after he was born (I was still in too much pain right afterwards to hold him immediately :/ But we are making up for it!) 

So how is life at the Potter's with five kids running around...? We are adjusting. It's loud. Hectic. Leaving the house as a family is a bit chaotic, but we are establishing a routine and every day it gets easier and easier. Everyone is over the moon over the baby, there is no shortage of love and attention for this little guy, and they also leave him alone! Huge blessing, I was totally expecting to need an alarm system or fence around him to keep the girls away, but oddly enough they have been excellent about it! I'm t.i.r.e.d. Exhausted. The whole "sleep when baby sleeps" is not possible when you have four other children running around! :)

Adam made sure he added his son to our decal family before we came home! Notice the little guy is on his side.

Everyone is already asking us if we are "done yet". I remember sitting in bed holding our sweet boy just a few hours old, and asking myself this. To answer the big question...no! I hope we aren't finished ;)

Love these two

Addy & Angie are by far his biggest fans. Speaking of sweet Angie, she *should* be heading home sometime next month! She came home from her visit last week talking about how her Dad & Mom bought her her own bed with a princess blanket and pillow, she was so excited. I am excited for her! Her parents are doing really good. We will be sad, of course. But I am also ready for some time to adjust to our three + a newborn, too! Bittersweet. 


And as for adjusting...Riley will be heading to Kindergarten this fall! She was accepted to the school we had prayed about, which was totally a God thing. She is pretty excited and already has her back pack & lunch box chosen! I'm excited for this new venture, too. I can't believe it's school time for my first baby!


Technically, I am not "suppose" to be "working out"...But ten days after birth and I was back on the treadmill! I am more than ready to be my "normal" weight again, and I love C25K! 

love baby wearing

Did I mention Addy had a birthday? Two days after adam was born! My sweet, spunky 4 year old!

Beyond Blessed. 







No comments:

Post a Comment