Monday, May 14, 2012

Before meeting our Boy.


It's the day before we go into the hospital to have and meet our little boy.
Yes, this birth is already "scheduled" to not go the way I have always dreamed, but we are at peace with our plan and constantly remind ourselves that it's not about my birthing experience- in the end all I want is to be holding my healthy baby boy even if it takes inducing to get him here safely. God has known his birthday since before he was created.

My bag is packed. His bag is packed. Dad's bag is packed. The swing is put together. The birth plan is in order. The cradle has fresh sheets and the the drawers are full of tiny boy blue outfits and teeny weeny socks. The car seat is already in the van, making it the 5th car seat in our car. Little man has officially filled up our vehicle!

It is really odd knowing that this is my last full day with my family being pregnant. In a few days we will be home with baby boy and all four of his big sisters (phew!). I'm just a tad bit overwhelmed at the thought of having five kids, five and under while Mr. is at work.  I constantly go over in my head how I'm going to manage going out alone with the large crew, how I'm going to function with the loss of sleep and will I ever get all five kids to nap at the same time??

All of the girls are so excited, they have been waiting f.o.r.e.v.e.r to meet this baby who has been making Mom huge (and grumpy as big sister says "pregnant moms are grumpy"). I am pretty excited, too. I wonder what he will look like. Will he have hair? How big or little is he? Will he cry a lot, or sleep a lot? The excitement and curiosity of having a brand new baby never changes, whether its your 1st, 5th, or 15th! We are ready to meet you, baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment