We had another "therapy" session today, in which her therapist had more time to talk to her workers and review her files etc. Apparently- what I tell him about her behavior etc does raise red flags...but he said it doesn't matter. DSS wants her back with her parents soon (3 or so more months). As long as the parents are passing their tests and showing up to their meetings, then it doesn't matter what is going on with Angie. It doesn't matter what would be best for her. It's about her parents, not her...and they want her case off their desk.
DSS is "unofficially" asking him to write her off saying she is good to go. He isn't, because she is not, but he said it still doesn't matter- they can paint the picture in court however they want to. They can make excuses for behaviors and red flags, they get their way. They even denied that her parents were arrested for neglect- when public records and mugshots, mind you, clearly state what and when they were arrested for.
It makes me sad, because I love her and I care about her. Do I know what is best for her? No, at all. I can't say that her parents aren't going to be good parents, I can't say that they are going to screw up and get in trouble again or that they aren't going to love her and care for her...because I don't know that. They deserve a second chance- think of how many chances God has given us...over and over and over again. He forgives murderers and rapist and gives them new life and a chance to change. Certainly her parents deserve some grace and a second chance. I just have to trust that God knows what's best for her, that he will keep his hand over her all of her life and especially while she is young and vulnerable. That her parents will take this second chance and make the best of it and love Angie to bits. I can't do anything but be still and pray, and be thankful that God has put us in such a rare and open situation with her parents. We are able to see them, talk to them and minister to them, AND enjoy their little girl while they get their stuff together. This weeks fun included...
Oatmeal face masks with ms Emily
Making a sandwich
Addy wanted to be the potato
Angie a pickle.
Ava....I'd say a tooth pick! :)
She has the cheesiest, cutest BIG smile ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment