Thursday, April 19, 2012

Random Thoughts

Hubby has his first "real" weekend off this week! First one in over a year- so excited, we already have big plans that involve a grill, a kiddie pool, lemonade and lots of popsicles.

T minus 6 days until my best friend comes to town! I'm so excited I could probably cry- it's been a long 9 months without her!

I am finally over this kidney infection! Yep, the one that started out as a no biggie common thing until the antibiotic didn't do it's job. Then it decided to come back and attack me a gazillion times worse, while we were on vacation mind you. End result, we cut vacation short to come home for me to spend three days in the hospital. No fun.

A is sound asleep snoring next to me. She has been with us for 6 long weeks, some days it feels shorter, some days it feels like forever.

Best thing I heard today "You know sometimes we get those "wanna know it alls" in here. You know, Crunchy. Sandal wearing, don't bathe, tree hugging people." Out of the mouth of my midwife- love.it

I'm 35 (ish) weeks along. We will be welcoming our baby boy here before we know it! I just purchased some last minute diapers to fill up our stash, and I'm slowly gathering things together for our short hospital stay. I also get a maid for a day! I'm stoked, seriously. My sister wanted to throw me a shower and I'm like...no! No more baby stuff, someone come scrub my house! Welcome, baby number 5! :)

Speaking of maids, I've learned a lot the past few weeks with four kiddos, five and under.
-Laundry will.never.end. This has been a battle for me! I actually just started tossing out anything we haven't worn in a while or thats looking a bit dull, thinning out, it's helping!
-If you decide to drop by my house randomly at any given time of the day, you will find blocks on the floors along with other random toys. The tv on but nobody watching, and four half dressed little girls running in circles (literally). Or they could be on the front porch performing a concert for the neighborhood (literally). Or in the back yard digging holes in the dirt- despite the numerous bikes, toys and swing set to play on.
-Naps go like this: One kid in each bed in each bedroom, and one on the couch. Mom- wherever I find room. It works.
-We are purchasing a membership to Sams Club, because the normal store industrial size boxes of goldfish, wipes, and peanut butter are just not cutting it. Welcome to shopping for a large and growing family :)

Homeschool, oh homeschool. Here's to our kindergarten year!

I am thankful for well behaved (most of the time...) children. Apparently our family was quite an attraction wherever we went in Florida, there was always someone watching us. Usually with their mouths wide open in shock, or pity. Or amazement. The comments we got were well, not unusual but just...so many of them. In the elevator one night our children were being wonderful, just standing quietly in an elevator like normal people do and another lady riding says to me " My heart cries for you". Seriously, no matter what we were doing someone was making a comment about praying for us, how we had our hands full, and how they can't handle their own two kids. Even my husband noticed, and before we went into any place we reminded the kiddos- remember to use your manners because everyone is watching us, and they were! I also wanted to buy a big blue t shirt that said "Yes, it's a boy" ;)

I will upload vacation and easter photos eventually....I'm not even sure how I found the time to write this much! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment