I should be picking up the gazillions of toys in my living room, vacuuming, and folding the laundry mound on the couch...
But I've been dying to write about my week!
On Monday, we picked up two sweet little boys (2 & 1yr old) and kept them for a few days(not foster children!). However...it was great "practice" for how it is going to be when we do begin taking placements!
I use to say...
"Oh we already have three, what's one or two more?" And I've heard others say the same.
Well, let me tell you...
TWO more is A LOT.
Especially when we realized our home had a 4,3,2,1 and 9 month old!
It IS hard.
It DOES take more of everything...time, work, food, money, energy, sleep...yep, it TAKES more sleep AWAY from you that is.
Took us over an hour to get everything ready for us all to leave the house.
By the third time we left, I had it down to 30 minutes.
Took us 20 of those minutes just to get all the little bodies into the FIVE car seats in our van.
By the third time, took about 8-10 minutes.
Happy Meals, no longer $6.50 for two, but $13 for four!
A regular size bag of goldfish does not go far with 4 little ones.
We upgraded to the huge tub.
One of the little boys barely slept.
He didn't cry or whine, he just sat up in bed staring into space until 1am.
Same thing for nap time...no nap.
Bath time.
Fill, put the boys in, wash, let play, get them out, dry, dress, empty tub....
and fill it again for round 2, the girls.
Oh, and keep an eye on the ones running around the house, while trying to bathe the ones in the tub. Great fun!
So...one more may not be a huge difference, but TWO is!
However, it was worth it!
Their little giggles, their BIG hugs & kisses, how well all 4 toddlers played together, the cute silly faces the two year old would make and crack himself up about, the sweet mo-hawk Mr. gave the one year old...
I love these sweet boys!!!!
Everyone kept asking me if we'd changed our minds on fostering after the boys went home.
It was actually confirmation that this IS what we are suppose to be doing.
Though it was a mad house, something was right about it.
We are already looking forward to their next visit!





4.

...3...

...2....

and...

one :)
So while I'm on the topic, Fostering!
We did not have our fire inspection Friday.
Why?
Because we have this FABULOUS (not being sarcastic, he really is) licensing worker who scheduled it with me....but not the fire marshal.
But, fret not! We know that everything is going to happen when it's suppose to!
All the way down to the date of our inspections!
And speaking of our licensing worker...
YOU, all my LOCAL friends who are even the SLIGHTEST bit interested or curious about fostering: Our licensing worker will be hosting a
Foster Care Information Session at Praise!
Tuesday, May 24th!!
Childcare will be provided!
Come out, ask questions, get answers, get information, get applications...(wink)!
Get with me if you have any questions!
Now, onto our days without the boys!
We had pizza at the park with our friends!




And, I became the newest extreme couponer!
Ok, not even close...but this was my first time couponing! Total before coupons/bonus card: $56. Total after: $24!
I'm excited! No, I didnt buy 500 tubes of toothpaste and deodorant for $3.00, but I'm happy because I for one, got FOOD, not just body & household items!
So there.
Extreme Couponers.
Who needs 40 bottles of shampoo anyway.
Even if it was free.
At least give it away.
Hoarders!

Been waiting all week for this. Have checked several times a day everyday! Love!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a weekend! Such great practice for being a foster mom! You will be awesome!!!
ReplyDelete