Wednesday, May 25, 2011

This & That.

Don't worry, I have not neglected my own dear family while being very caught up in all of this foster care business lately {wink}.

What is going on in the Potter household? Mr.'s hours are going back to normal starting today! We are very excited to have him around more! He has scheduled his CCNA test{the first part} for June 6th and is very busy studying for it. For those of you who don't know...the computer/networking world is kind of it's own world. There is a gazillion test's you can take to get different certifications, and in this world, certifications are like gold. Better than a bachelors. Literally. If you applied at a networking or computer development company of some sort with a bachelors but no certs...and someone else applied with no college but certs, he is getting it. Sorry for the wasted four years of your life. Of course, if you had both, that is the best. Anyway, I'm very excited for him to take it, praying of course that he passes and can move into the networking dept at his current company and continue to get more certs.

Big & Middle...still crazy little girls! We have been really struggling with what to do about big sisters education. We have prayed & prayed. We have looked into homeschooling, and we have also picked up a registration packet from the elementary school in our district. We continue to go back and forth, until today! I guess I was waiting for God to drop me a note in my mailbox to tell me what to do...but of course that didn't happen. So I had to go with the peace factor. After praying, what do we have peace about doing? Homeschooling. I know that this is what we need to do for her this coming pre-k year, this is what we want as well. Yes, we are talking about pre-k here! What has been stopping me from making that decision from the beginning? Selfishness. Yes, it would be great to drop her off every morning and get a break for a few hours! (especially for free!) I mean, I can get so much done with three full hours of just two kids! Shopping too! I also went through a "my kids are going to drive me insane to the point that I'm going to die from stress if I home school. Please school bus come get them!" moment. But, with prayer, preparation, prayer and guidance, I know I can do it. Thankfully big sister is compliant and I know that she will not give me a hard time about sitting down and working on something, she is actually very excited to begin. Plus, I keep reminding myself that this is just pre-k, what better year to "test drive" homeschooling to see if it is going to work for us!? If it's not working, we can re evaluate our decision next summer when it's time to get into kindergarten. Year by year, child by child.

Little sister is doing fabulous! She is standing by herself for a good amount of time! Holding onto things and stepping around. Clapping, waving, blowing kisses, crawling like crazy, playing very well with toys! She also says "dadda" "momma" "hi" and "ba-ba" (bottle). She is the best baby we could ask for ! So quiet and good, she rarely cries, never fuses, God has blessed us! It is sad to think that in two short months she will be one year old... :/

On the Mama home front, I scored eight boxes of pasta from Publix this week for .19 each. The start of our stock pile! Letter orders are continuing to come in! Oh, and everyone is moving.
Yep. My best friend is moving to Japan in July. Another one of my good friends just moved two hours away, the boys moved this week, and we have another friend who is moving in August! I feel like I'm being punished in the midst of their moving excitement and future plans. Who is going to go shopping with me? The one person that I let keep my girls is the one moving across the world. Who is going to come over and lay on my couch and chat? Or lay out in my driveway while the kids swim? Or come watch a movie with me at 10pm? Or call me everyday without fail? Or sit near me at church? Deliver our next baby? Go on walks/runs with me? I'm really praying that as God takes these beloved friends away from me, that he will bring new ones. Not casual new ones...but real new ones who call me everyday and come just hang out. I know that their moving & following God is not about me, but hello! I am being affected by it too! And while I am excited for my friends and everything that God has in store...it also SUCKS. :/ I'm not use to people I love moving or leaving. But, I better get use to it.

I think that's enough updating/venting/rambling/boring you out of your brains for tonight ;-)
Will post middle sisters birthday party pictures soon!




4 comments:

  1. That's cool you're homeschooling! I am still unsure if we will or not. I have the same selfish feelings you had.

    I'm sorry all of your friends are moving away! I unfortunately was one of those that had to move away from all of my friends. It's been a slow process meeting people here. I hope you ca meet some new friends! :)

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad God led you to your decision about homeschooling.

    Good real friends are so hard to find sometimes and then other times God sends them straight to you when you least expect it! Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. What the heck happened to the hootowl????? I loved that thing!!!

    2. I love pasta for .19 cents at Publix! You go girl!

    3. Homeschool is so cool, and I'm "not allowed" because my husband teached public school and wants our kids there. I have a secret scheme to try and homeschool SPP though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you! Lots of late night movies, phone calls, chats on the couch in next two months.

    ReplyDelete