Saturday, May 28, 2011

Nesting.

Dear future children,
This past week I have learned that nesting, is not just for pregnant women, and expecting, doesn't mean your with child.
I have found myself awake at all hours of the night thinking, designing, and buying things for your room.
I am not pregnant, I am though, an expectant mother, just like any other expectant mother.
Even though I don't know how long you will be "ours"... I am waiting for your bed to be full, another chair at the table, and a sound of new laughter (or cries...) in my ears.

Your room is very important to me. It's YOURS.
I don't know if you have ever had your own room.
I don't know if you've ever had a bed.
I don't know if you have ever felt safe....warm...comfortable.
Have you ever had a baby doll, or toy cars?
Your own closet full of your own clothes?
I don't know.

But while I'm caught up in the due-any-day mad housekeeping adventures, I am thinking and praying for you. Wondering who you are. Wondering how long you will be here. Wondering what your favorite color is, what you like to do. If you will like the brown and green elephant theme that I so diligently chose for you. What size clothes you wear, how big your little feet are...and of course, when your going to grace us with your presence!

Nesting, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. I know abll about the nesting. I even had morning sickness in the months while we were completing our paperwork! I thought I was crazy, but heard that other moms have done the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog too! Hopefully your license will come thru soon and little ones will follow quickly. I totally get this "nesting" thing... and not knowing who is coming makes it all the more difficult.

    ReplyDelete