Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Foster Care Awareness Month

I have not got to tell you about what "we" did for National Foster Care Awareness Month, have I?
First off, I attend an awesome church with a Pastor who supports our passions and granted us permission to "run with it" when we asked about doing something at the church to raise awareness.
So this past Sunday...our pastor talked about foster care a bit, and played this video:

(the video starts @ 1:19)

Then on Tuesday the foster care licensing worker for our county held an information meeting at the church! Eight people showed! Which I thought was great, fostering is not for everyone! It was a really good time, it was informal, serious, and funny. Perfect. There were three or four families who took the application packet home with them and are seriously considering moving forward! Praise God! Then there are a few who we are praying with for spouses to be moved, or mountains! I think my favorite was getting to talk to a woman that came who was a foster parent when her three girls (like me!) were little. Of course I racked her brain, and she said they loved it! Her girls loved it and even now as adults they have great memories from growing up with foster sisters/brothers. It was very refreshing to hear! And now as "empty nesters" they are going to become a foster family again!

Success. Very thankful for God moving in the hearts of those who took the time to come!






1 comment:

  1. So great to watch God move through you in your church community.
    That video is amazing. Any chance you know if there's a link to just the video I can share?

    ReplyDelete