Sunday, January 16, 2011

On my mind tonight

Who knew a trip to Michaels could be so much fun!? That might be one of my favorite stores now! I've only been there two other times, before I had little ones and cared less about crafts. But oh how things have changed! Such neat stuff & cheap prices. I finally made the girl's bow holders! Which I've been meaning to make for oh, 2 years now...oops! I'm pretty proud of the results!



Things that were kind of weird this weekend...
Going to a baby shower for a friend from high school & pulling up in a mini van. Being at the baby shower and realizing I have nothing in common with my sweet...young, single..childless...partying friends of mine, anymore. Not to mention them totally hating on the swagger wagon! A friend coming up to me "OH MY GOODDD SHAY! I REMEMBER WHEN YOU USE TO BE SO WILD! REMEMBER WHEN YOU ____________" Ha...ha...ha... yes..yes I do remember. Thank you for reminding the entire room as well :)

Then, making out my birthday list and re-reading it back to myself:
Griddle
One Million Arrows:Raising your children to change the world by Julie Ferwerda
Parenting isn't for Cowards by Dr.James Dobson
Seeds:Family Worship CD

What ever happened to purses, shoes, clothes, jewelry, concert tickets and all the junk I use to want? My life has come down to...wanting a nice griddle so I can make 6-8 pancakes for my kids at a time.

Wouldn't change it for the world!

Neat idea if you have children and want to keep up with the cute things they say and do:
Buy a calendar, I buy a kids calendar, usually something the girl's like. Last year it was Dora, this year's calendar is the littlest pet shop. Hang it on the fridge and fill it out every day (or as much as possible) with something that your kid/s did or said, or a milestone they reached. I don't know about anyone else, but I never get around to sitting down and filling in baby books and scrapbooks anymore :/ This is easy, just go to the fridge and write it down! At the end of the year you will have a complete and organized years worth of your child's life and little memories. I sat down today and started this years calendar.




Extreme Home Makeover is in OUR town, and the winner's are OUR friends from church! Yep!! It's very exciting! The family is in Florida right now and Extreme has been working on their house since Tuesday. There is a charter bus that will drive you down to the house to watch if you want, so we took the girls and went twice, they loved riding the "big bus". It's really neat to see all of the volunteers, cameras, and the house being built! They are going to LOVE it! I'm suppose to volunteer in six hours to help with landscaping (HA!), however little sister is still awake fussing :/ She has been up most of the night for the past three nights. Friday night was the worst, she was up until 5am, so we'll see if I actually get to go help.




And finally, my new obsession?
LOVE THEM, and my girls do too! Great for verse memorization too!
{scroll down to pause my music}

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you - who ever thought our birthday lists would look like that? However I wouldn't go back for anything in the world!

    By the way - I have a griddle and LOVE it - it makes pancake night so much easier and we even do soup and sandwiches some nights and grilled cheese is a breeze on there!

    So cool you guys are able to see the building site - that's awesome!!! Hope you're able to go help out - you'll enjoy that time. I saw your comment on FB last night but wasn't sure if that was your area's house on tv or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea of the calendar. I am going to head out and get one this afternoon! Such a simple and cute idea! Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That calendar idea is awesome! Wish I had thought of that when my kids were little!

    And so jealous that EHM is there but congrats to your friends! Now just do not tell me if you get to meet Ty. I adore him! If you meet him, I just might scream. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bow holder is just so awesome. If I ever have a little girl, will you make me one?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list :) Love the idea of the calendar thing too!

    ReplyDelete