Thursday, January 13, 2011

A BIG Day for us!

First home visit...CHECK!
Yep, Mr. P {The Foster Care man, I now know his name...grin} came this morning to measure our windows, make sure our house is not literally falling apart, check our fire extinguisher and fire detectors.
OH, and TALK! A lot.
I think I've mentioned before how great Mr.P is, and I'll say it again...HE ROCKS!
So nice, so informing, so helpful, so reassuring.
Mr. and I both felt really positive and peaceful about everything when he left.
So, I'm forgiving him for being 30 minutes late today.. :)

Next on the list? Fire inspection, health & sanitation inspection, home study...and I think we're done! About two months from today we'll have our licence in hand.
Weird!

So I bet your wondering how it's been with middle sister? Let's just say, things always get worse before they get better. And since these past two days have been the worst days of my life, that means it should be getting better soon...right?
My mom came and got her last night because it was 10pm, she was on her 5th or 6th meltdown of the day and I was spent. So she spent the night with my mom and half of today.
Which means I got to spend time with big sister!
After Mr.P left, big and I got busy playing cars & Barbie's.
The $5 car rug I scored at Goodwill has really got it's use in this house!
We had a fun time, she has such a big imagination!








Had to add in little sister sleeping with her baby doll :)

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!! Very exciting about your homestudy.

    Praying for middle sis...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited for what's happening!

    And, even that things have gotten worse...it has ALWAYS meant the best phase is next over here. Praying that for you too. :)

    I can't believe how quickly everything is falling in place for you now that you're set on the path! Amazing how God works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, praying for MS. And very excited for you all and the progress you've made!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! Everything seems to be working out for you with that!
    I am glad you got to spend some good quality time with Big sister while Middle sister was with Grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - glad you got that step out o the way! How do they handle that after you get your license? Do they assign you to one or more at a time? Do you have to handle all the expenses until they decide who will be able to adopt?

    You have a huge heart!!!! Love that about you!

    And those pics - oh they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete