Saturday, November 13, 2010

What am I thinking?
Lots of things.
We have a few big things coming up within the next month, and I have no idea what God is going to do, but I can't wait to find out.
He has plans for us. He has a purpose for our lives, and everything is going to play out the way he wants it to, because we are letting him be in control.
We signed up to go to orientation for domestic adoption in January.
BIG.
Big that my husband even picked the date & printed some forms for it.
But-now I'm the one doubting.
Not really doubting...
Nervous?
Just because we are going to this, doesn't mean we are actually going to do it.
We are open.
Open & praying for God to lead us,
all in HIS timing.
Not ours.
In HIS direction.
Not ours.
Somewhere out there, he has a child waiting for us.
How do we know?
Because our hearts are still being tugged.
Because we know that if GOD lay's something on your heart...
it is not going to go away.
And, this is not going away- a year & counting.
It's not going away.
Direction...Lord...Direction.



Ps.
My friend Abby at "Life as I know it" is adopting a little one from ET & is having her first giveaway.
Check out her site to enter!

2 comments:

  1. that is awesome :)

    when i didn't know what we should do I prayed and asked God to SPECIFICALLY show me what to do.

    I asked HIM to have my husband bring up adoption the next time we talked about having a baby if we were supposed to adopt because he was never the one who brought it up.

    You should have seen the look on my face when we had totally talked all about what we were going to do, how we were going to change our insurance so that we could start working on getting pregnant and then, out of no where, my husband looks me in the face and says "We should just adopt."

    I was stunned and didn't tell him till the next day that I had prayed that God would make him say that if we were supposed to adopt. He told me that he had noticed that I looked surprised and said that "It was something God had been working in his heart about recently."

    It is funny the re-write that story. I guess I needed to hear it again too, to remind me that GOD called us to this - specifically.

    ReplyDelete