Sunday, November 7, 2010

We live two blocks from an elementary school & I like to take the girls to play on the playground a few times a week. Most of the time, a class or two comes out to join us. I've mentioned before how I like to watch them and how the teachers interact with them etc.
But, our most recent trip...I found myself standing there. Pushing my two year old in the swing, watching my three year old go down the slide while my 3 month old is strapped to me in the sling, all the while wondering if any of these very children needed a loving home. Could the little girl swinging next to us be a foster child? Could the little boy talking to my three year old need a family to adopt him? This year, will any of these children be taken from their homes and be in need? How many children in my town are in need? Is God trying to hint something to me?

Is the fact that I keep wondering about this and my husband and I keep asking ourselves about it...a sign that we need to pray about what we can do for the children right here? I've wrote this before...but maybe our so-well-planned adoption from Africa is not where he is leading us right now. Maybe I don't have to be just waiting...maybe he wants us to do the something we can do...right now.

Just a thought...
;)


1 comment:

  1. Praying for God's leading.....

    Sometimes He prepares your heart....for now or at the very least in the future......

    ReplyDelete