Monday, November 8, 2010

It's Easier...

It's easier to pretend I don't know.

It's easier to pretend I don't know that there are 4.7 million Orphans.

It's easier to pretend that there are not children in my town who need love, who need a family.

It's easier to ignore that we have room.

It's easier to make an excuse that we can't handle another child.

It's easier to tell myself that I'm just crazy.

It's easier to give up- then to worry about what others think.

It would be easier to ignore it all, and to go about living our life. Safely, happily, just the five of us.

It's easier to just straight out- not have to deal with it.

But- we can't.

And yes- we've tried.

I can go to bed determined that this is "too much for us" and that we're not going to do anything.

But then I end up dreaming of the children all night.

I can tell myself that it's okay if we don't do anything, after all, not everybody has to adopt.

But then I can't stop thinking of the children.

I can tell my husband never mind- I'm tired of dealing with it and thinking about it all.

But it haunts me.

God knows that we know.

He knows.

Not only does he know...

But HE is holding us responsible.

Responsible to ACT.

That means, that we are responsible for doing something.

That means, that we can't ignore it...even if there are days we want to.

That means, that many people are going to call us crazy.

It means that we have to step out of our comfort zone- take a giant step of faith, and let him lead the way.

It means...that it's going to be worth it...because it's not going to be easy.


4 comments:

  1. It took a huge step of faith for us to start the paperwork. At the time our youngest was 2mo. old. I thought we were crazy. But God has us in His hands and I know this is what He wants for our family, no matter how scary it might seem sometimes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your posts recently and I think it's awesome what you want to do to help orphans. I know you are struggling with if it is what God wants you to do or not.

    My husband watched this video called Decisions Decisions. It's a video that helps teach you how to make decisions in your life and trying to follow God's plan. What we learned is, whatever your decision is it should be glorifying God. If what you decide to do isn't part of God's plan, He will steer you right back.

    My hubby and I were really struggling if he should take a job where we are now. It was a bug change and we had a lot of concerns. We wanted something big from God to show us if he should go for it or not. Well after watching that video, we learned we may not get that big sign from God. We still have to make the decision. So he applied, got the job, and now we're in a new state!

    What I am getting at is, if you feel in your heart you want to adopt don't turn away from it. Whatever you decide you will be in God's hands. I hope everything works out for you! I know that trying to follow God's plan is hard. Just figuring out what He wants from us. If you have a gift of loving and taking in kids in need, then God gave you that gift and you should use it. That is an awesome gift!

    You and your family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you just said I have said. It would be easier not to-it always is.

    But, God plants a seed inside of the people that are MEANT to do this that you cannot ignore.

    My story has hit rough waters, it doesn't mean yours will or won't - it just means that Gods plans for us are so huge that the enemy is fighting us with everything he has. Imagine what will happen when God says "Enough." and our joy comes. It will be amazing.

    Jump in and trust HIM.

    The only reason I am struggling with so much sadness is because I truly LOVE these kids. They deserve to have someone fight for them, regardless of what it costs me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I just glanced over some of your posts.

    Girl, God is coming after you big time and I just feel the need to tell you JUMP!

    your heart is ready- you just need to take the first step!

    ReplyDelete