
My littlest girl is almost a month old! I just went through her stuff and put away her preemie outfits and newborn mittens, etc. and I get to take her to the hospital tomorrow to see her aunt and get weighed! I'm going to guess that she is a good 8 pounds :) All thanks to Mamas milk!
This weekend we started a new bedtime routine with middle sister, no more daddy dummy, and it has been working great! Today for naps and bedtime she went to bed wonderfully! We are gearing her up for...
Mr.'s new job! Same company, different position. This was such a God thing, an answer to not one prayer, but many! No more 7am to sometimes 10pm at night, his new schedule will be 2pm to 11pm, five days a week. He gets to ditch attics and crawl spaces for an office- an hour drive one way, for a 25 minute drive one way- work boots and icky uniforms, for business casual- Going days without seeing his kids sometimes, to now being with his family every single day, until after lunchtime- Not being able to go to school or do anything extracurricular, to being able to start morning classes this fall.
What does it mean for me? More time with my husband. If I need extra sleep, I can get it. Not having to wait until night time to be able to get groceries. Being able to go to appointments and not having to stress about finding a sitter. Getting to have two meals a day as a family. Easier days for me, and knowing that my husband is happy and doing what he likes.
And for the girls? More family time, more daddy time, less stressed mama, and we'll get to go more places during the day like before :)
God is great! What a huge blessing to our family this is!
That's amazing! Congrats! I love the babe's outfit!!! that hat is killing me :)
ReplyDeleteI'm a little jealous :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I'd like those nighttime hours but since my older kids are in school they would never see him but it's definitely better than what you've been going through.
I know your pain though - it's almost a daily ritual around here.
I'm happy for your family - what an awesome opportunity!
That's so awesome about the job! Congrats to the hubby!
ReplyDeleteHi , my name is Karen and I came across your blog and wanted to introduce myself.. I enjoyed browsing through your blog and will be back to visit again .. Hope you will get a chance to stop by mine and say Hi as well.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.. and God Bless.
http://glassofsweettea.blogspot.com/