
Today is the last day of World Breastfeeding Week! How did I celebrate? I breastfed my baby girl and encouraged a friend of mine to continue nursing her little one!
Little sister is a little under a month, but I have to say, I have come a long way from my previous thoughts and opinions on nursing.
What do I like the most about nursing? Where do I begin?! The bonding, that milk-drunk smile, knowing that she is getting something that is amazingly good for her, breastmilk doesn't stain, I don't have to worry about wierd ingredients or recalls, I don't have to worry about diaper sprayers or anything for her cloth diapers because her poop is ok for my washer, and...it is just easier. Never thought I'd say that one.
Even though this is the third child Ive nursed, this is the only one that I have done it the right way with. I'm determined to nurse her for a year, at the least, that is a huge goal for me. And hey, some say it will help me shed the pounds. If it doesn't, oh well. If it does, sweet!
I love breastfeeding, happy world breastfeeding week :)
I'm telling you there is nothing sweeter than a milk drunk baby sleeping on the breast!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing a great job, Shay :-)
ReplyDeleteShe looks very very happy!!!!
ReplyDeleteAwww!!! So precious!!!!!! Look at her little face!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI loved nursing my 4 kids. I was always waiting for the pounds to drop right off and that never happened though until number 4...go figure! You have a beautiful baby girl...enjoy :)
ReplyDelete