Monday, March 22, 2010

First Day of Spring!

We decided to bring in the first day of spring this year with a trip to our favorite beach!
It was 75 degrees and sunny! Perfect! We decided to leave behind our yard covered in leaves and moss that we had planned on working on, our house covered in toys and laundry that I planned on doing that afternoon...packed our stuff & headed out. Hey, life is short, cleaning can wait :)







The drive was beautiful, the water was cold...but the huge tide pools we're warm! We found many sand dollars {that big sister calls her money} and lots of starfish. We couldn't bring the starfish home though, because their legs kept breaking off. So we have tons of sand dollars. The girls played & played in the water, played and played in the sand, played and played in the water area for kids. We walked to have lunch, and got a free rita's ice-e, to celebrate the first say of spring in style! Returned to the beach to play some more, and met a really neat couple that we spent the remainder of the day hanging out with {& their 2 kiddos}.

We spent 5 hours there, right through nap time, and the girl's were AMAZING. I could not have asked for a better day! No fighting, no crying, no whining, no tantrums! When we got into the car, they passed out & slept all the way home! The best part is that Adam was with us! It was a great family day!










4 comments:

  1. I want to be in the water...it is so cold here. Great pictures and how nice to have a family day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for ya'll. This looked like a perfect day! Next time, the Heath family is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, Looks like a great time. I wish the sun would come out where I live so I can at least enjoy some warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I want to go to the beach! I am so jealous. Looks like you had a wonderful time. And you are right, life is short...live it up!

    ReplyDelete