I'm finally 21, as of yesterday.
Feel's no different than 20!
Of course, I was 15 weeks pregnant on my one, and only, twenty first birthday. However, I'm not worried about it, in August, I can re-celebrate :)
My day was full of...nothing special. Woke up to the kids, cleaned up a bit, played with them... received not one single happy birthday phone call, except from my husband. Waited pretty much all day long for him to get him home, like every day.
Then later that night, a sweet friend of mine brought me a card & beautiful flowers after she got off work. This made me smile, she got off work late for one, then drove out of her way to see me. She rocks.
A little after she left, my husband finally arrived! He had a gift in hand! A cute heart shaped necklace that says "mom" on it, and tons of chocolate. He is a good guy. We then headed to outback to feed ourselves. It was a good time, but we had to bring our dinner home to eat it because the girls were getting tired. Riley made me a cute picture for my gift, and helped me blow out my candles on my cake. Adison even learned how to sing happy birthday.
So, it was a good birthday! The fourth birthday I've spent with adam, doesn't seem like that long ago...
I took a few pictures, but now that I've finally sat down to upload them...I cant find the cord for the camera. Go figure. So I have to wait for adam to get home.
Still no word on the job that Adam applied for. The job doesn't officially open until March 1st, so I'm assuming if he does get it, we wont know before then. So with that job in the back of our heads, we are still thinking about his current job. We started to consider the idea "moving closer to him". He works over an hour away. So if he get's off at 6, he wont get home until 7ish. Get's off at 7, he wont get home till 8, etc. So if we moved closer to him, we'd be cutting 2 hours of his time spent on the road (as well as two hours of gas everyday) AND, he'd even get to come home for his hour long lunch break...instead of sitting in a parking lot. Cost of living IS higher there, because it is a tourist beach town. However, we have found regular homes there that are about $150 more than we pay now. We'd come out even without having to pay the $180 we spend a month on just his gas. SO FAR, it's a win-win situation.
BUT, we'd be an hour away from..."home". Seriously, the only time we'd really come back to beaufort is for Church and church events. It's kind of like...really moving. I do have a few friends in the hilton head/bluffton area...but it's not the same as here. Ok SHAY...isn't this what you wanted???? To get away from everything & everyone?
-Yes...& no. I AM only one hour away..so if I want to get together with everyone I can...which is a plus.
-We'd still go to the same church...so I still get to see everyone...another plus.
-I'd still see the same doctor and deliver in this hospital...plus. (i'd change the pediatrician, not crazy about the one we see anyway).
-My mom can hop on the interstate and meet us at the exit to get the girls. It'd be bout the same distance as where we meet now. Plus...
-CLOSE to the BEACH! The (small) mall, other shopping, lots more restaurants, sams club, never ending bike paths, pools....java joes....better schools. PLUS.
-We'd get to see adam three hours more a day. Plus plus plus!
Cons...
-I may miss having people just "stop by", or being able to go to late night coffee nights at cafe denton because I live to far away. Everything I'd do in beaufort would have to be planned....
-It'd be further from adams mom...yes im putting this on the con's list...because the girls have started going to her house allot and she has been watching them while i go to my appointments and everything. Which can still happen, just longer drives for the both of us.
-I hate moving, I've made this house pretty comfy and I like it. It feels like home.
So, six vs. three. Still sounds like a winning situation. Our lease in this house is up May 1st...if we want to move, it'd be mid-late april. HMMMMM...we have lots of praying to do.
Of course all this thinking it useless if Adam does indeed get this new job.
Lord, guide us!
Oh late Happy Birthday. I have kids as old as you and wish they had their stuff together as well as you.
ReplyDeleteHappy late birthday! Your only 21? Seriously! Girl I feel older every day. I'm nearing 28, yikes!
ReplyDeleteAnyways I hope you had a great b-day. I hope you can figure out how to upload your pics too. So we can see.
Nicole Broerman is a GREAT pediatrician. I have actually been to her before (a few times) and LOVE her. Shes at Sea Island Peds.
ReplyDeleteOkay...I don't want you to move. I worry about you. But I will pray hard.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday~~~ Sounds like a great day, mostly! I can't believe how young you are. Moving decisions are so hard...Keep praying about it, God will lead you in the right direction! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated 21st! Still hard to believe you are so young and have things so pulled together. Awesome for you. Sounds like you have a lot of fun things coming up this year. Best wishes to you!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I felt any older till like 25...but I cried at 22 *hangs head in shame*. lol
ReplyDeleteYour girls are so sweet!
You're starting to sound like me. I had all six boys by the time I was 25! That's cranken them out! I missed celebrating my 21st also, but that's okay. The kidos are so worth it! (It's overrated anyway)
ReplyDeletePraying for the job!
Happy Belated Birthday!
ReplyDelete"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11
aka - it is all going to work out just the way it needs to :)
I've been a little slacking at keeping up with everyone's blogs lately! Happy Birthday girl! I can't wait to see some pictures soon.
ReplyDeleteOh to be 21 again....Hope your birthday was a blessed and happy one! And I pray that you have many more!
ReplyDeletesending you* birthday hugs*
ReplyDeleteyour way!
happy belated birthday
sweet friend
happy belated birthday! praying for your family and the moving decision, mama!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! Your kids are so cute, and yay for #3!
ReplyDelete