Sunday, February 7, 2010

Let Them Be Little...

So today while listening to the song "Let Them Be Little" it made me think about my little girls. How fast they've grown, how it seems like yesterday that I was in the hospital having them. Then it made me cry, because I do take for granted allot. Do I really enjoy & "savour" the little hugs and kisses? How they both wont go to sleep until I pray with them and sing three songs : abc's (la la lu for adison) , twinkle twinkle, and you are my sunshine. It has to be in that order. How Adison loves to read, and she will let me read to her the same book...over and over and over again. How much she loves for me to hold her....she will chase me around saying "hold me mommy". I tell her no all the time because she is a tank...but one day...she isn't going to want me to hold her. The sweet little things my Riley bug tells me, like today...she said "your cute mom", she even notices when I have a new item of clothing on or new shoes. How much Riley loves being like her mommy. She wants me to do her makeup, and paint her nails. She wants to paint my nails too. Adison loves shoes, and sometimes im so picky I dont let her wear the ones she wants because they dont match. Riley loves for me to lay in bed at night with her and make puppet shadows. Addy wants me to rub her back and cheeks until she falls asleep. They both love chocolate milk and yogurt, and drawing. I don't let them draw enough, or dance with them enough, or jump on their mattresses with them like they want me too, because well...i dont like everything on my body flopping up & down honestly.

I was just reminded today to slow down. To stop worrying about my house, that I end up cleaning 4 times a week because it never stays clean anyway. To spend more time with my girls doing what THEY want to do, doing the things they love...even if it makes a mess. Even if they dont match, even if it takes me 2 hours to get each of them to sleep, and...even if I have to jump on the mattresses with them. What is life about, anyway?? Right now, in the now...it's about my girls. About cherishing every little minute I have with them...because they ARE growing so fast, and with growth comes change...it wont be like this for long. One day I will have a silent, clean house...and I will look around and wish that my girl's were running around making a mess and laughing.


The day we found out she was a girl.

9 months pregnant.

I remember this first night in the hospital with her, I remember taking this picture and just staring at how tiny she was and looking at the little scratches on her face.

My first time holding her.

Coming home from the hospital.

Wearing the first outfit I ever bought her.



A late night with me, I remember being downstairs with her so adam could sleep and just holding her and watching her look around.







Not finding out what this one is...even though I knew it was a girl :)

A few day's before she was born!

In the hospital the day you were born, waiting on all the family to come see you.

Bringing you home!



Sleeping in her favorite thing.

First time hanging out with Riley.

9 comments:

  1. Glad I got to see part of those memories.=) Life does sneak up and suddenly they are grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Before you know it they'll be embarrsed by you singing in the car, and they'll be dodging your kisses as they go to school....*sigh* they grow way to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. And yes, time goes way too fast. I never thought I would say that! I can't believe my youngest is about to become a teenager. A great reminder to all us moms! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures. I need to slow down too and not worry about my house either...but the OCD sets in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right. So very true!

    Adroable pictures!

    ReplyDelete