I'm finally 4 months along! 16 weeks and 2 days, actually :)
We find out the sex of this little baby in exactly 2 weeks and 1 day! Ever since we set that date, time has been dragging on! I can't wait to begin the shopping! The third best thing about being pregnant! (first being feeling your baby, second...having a big baby belly).
Which...I have not felt this baby yet...I'm kind of concerned...because it's my third child and I felt Adison around 15wks. , what's taking me so long to feel this one? I know, some people don't feel their baby until 20+ weeks. I don't have a legitimate reason to worry...but I always do. I have an appointment Friday, I love going to the doctors. Except the weighing in part. I'm pretty sure I've gained in the past 4 weeks...because we've been eating out more than we should. Plus it was my birthday and valentines day and my sister's bridal shower, which all included lots and lots of fattening but yummy food. Maybe if I "diet" between now and Friday i'll be good.
So, the girls are still good...doing their play thing. :) I can't believe that in 2 and three months I will have a three year old and a two year old. They are getting so big.
No word on Adam's job application yet, as expected. We're still just hanging out and looking at homes in the town that he works in still. He's a good man. For valentines day, I made biscuits and gravy (which i had been craving for ever). We went to church, napped, got a new washer & dryer, went to lunch, hung out, and then I made him steak while he relaxed and played the game I got him for v-day, Bioshock II.
Today has been an overall lazy-gloomy day.
One of my best friends Dad died last week of a sudden heart attack. He was only 50. Today was his funeral, which I did not go to because she didn't tell me the time of the funeral until one hour before it started. Then, she said she wanted me to come over later that night they were having a gathering thing at her mom's house. So I said yes and waited around for her to call 5pm...6pm...7pm...then I stopped waiting and decided she's a) too busy to talk to me or b) weirdly does not want me there. Oh well, still feel like I wasted my day.
So, now that I'm a bit further into pregnancy, I am thinking of all the decisions ahead of me.
Cloth diapers or Disposable?
What kind of breast pump?
Rubber or silicone pacifier?
Wide nipple bottles, or regular?
Glass or plastic bottles?
Should I use bottles at all?
Using formula while breast feeding?
Co-sleeping?
Circumcise or not circumcise?
Does this child really need godparents?
Regular vaccine schedule, delayed, or none at all?
Cord blood storing?
Is a $200 infant car seat really that much better than the $125 infant car seat?
Is a $300 convertible car seat really better than a $150 one?
Would a wrap or ring sling be better?
I kind of feel lost. As you notice, not all of these are just purchase situations. But they are medical and "lifestyle" decisions as well. With my first two girls, I bought what I liked. Didn't care what is was made of. Did what the doctors told me to, slept my baby in a bassinet, breast fed for a little bit but ended up formula feeding, never used a sling or child carrier. I was just..."regular".
But, with this pregnancy before I was even pregnant) I was introduced into this entire new..."world" of...
"home birthing" - "all natural labor" - "doctors dont know how to deliver babies, they only know how to perform surgery" - "hospitals are baby factories, they dont care about you or your baby, just money" - "I am smarter than doctors because I research things on the internet(surely...the eight years in college didn't teach them a thing!)- "formula is poison" - "no pacifiers, don't you know, your suppose to be a human pacifier" - "cloth diapers" - "co-sleeping"- "breast feeding until the child is about to graduate from middle school" (exaggeration)- "bring your infant to a chiropractor, not a pediatrician" - "IF you vaccinate your child at all, use the "delayed" schedule" - "co-sleeping"- "wear your child everywhere you go" - "dont let your baby cry" - "non-circumcising"...hippie...way of being a parent.
It almost exhaust's me thinking about it.
What kind of parent am I? What do I believe in and not believe in when it comes to these decisions for me and my children? I do like hearing about different things and different ways people do things, but sometimes, it can be a bit extreme. I don't think I'm any particular kind of parent. I kind of take things from here and there and go with them.
ME....
Home birth? No thanks. A midwife can't cut you open if an emergency arises, no matter how experienced she is.
Natural birth? I'd like to try it...but really...who cares? In the end, natural or not, you have a baby.
Doctors...are smarter than you. No matter how much you research online. They do know how to deliver a baby, they did not go to school for nothing, and I bet you would not think poorly of an OB after they save you or your babies life...But I know...until then...they are "stupid".
A HOSPITAL may be a "baby factory", but that does not mean that the nurses and doctors only care about money. They don't get paid by "tables turned".
Formula is poison- BS. Breast milk is best, I agree. But I don't think anyone should be criticized for formula feeding. There IS a such thing as "not making enough milk" and sometimes, some women just can't breast feed.
"Why is it so hard to believe that there really are women with low milk production? There are diabetics for whom the pancreas doesn't make enough insulin; there are hemophiliacs whose blood doesn't make enough clotting factor; there are people whose eyes don't make enough tears or whose ovaries don't make enough estrogen. Why do we think the breast is the one body part that always works perfectly?"
Human pacifier? No thanks...
Cloth Diapers? YES! Actually. As long as they dont leak and arent so bulky my kiddo cant wear jeans.
Co-Sleeping? Nope. Woke up ON TOP of my baby twice before...will never co-sleep again.
Breast feeding? Yes! But not when my child is old enough to ask for it, and I like bottles, so I use them. And formula sometimes too!
Vaccines? Regular schedule.
Baby wearing? I'm going to try it this time. I like the idea.
Circumcision? 100% YES. Even if there are no medical benefits...it's clean. I'm sorry...I refuse to clean my 10 year old sons penis.
Phew. To each his own. I really could care less how anyone else does anything, I wanted to write this for myself. Now, im tired!
My BFF had her Baby at home..with a mid-wife in all..
ReplyDeleteI will never get the image out of my mind!
No drugs..no pain killers..Oh Gosh! I wish she had! She was yelling and screaming at everyone...then she stands up. (naked) on the bed . (ah the image) and squats..and her baby came out!
Yip.never again. A room full of people should have not of seen this..let alone me!
But what if something did go bad?
But her baby is a teenager now and all is good...
But great post :)
Have a good day** here's to 2 weeks!
I am glad that you posted that. One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't get to breastfeed Emma. I was one that didn't produce enough milk. It killed me I couldn't do this with her. Of course, as soon as I started to FF, I kept hearing "she is more likely to die of SIDS now", "she is not getting what she needs",and my personal favorite "you will not bond with her like you are supposed to". But, I guess I wasn't supposed to feed her then since I couldn't produced the milk-apparently I should have tried until she just starved-oh, that made me so mad. I guess when I have another baby, I will not be so "green" as to believe everything that someone says to me if their belief system doesn't match mine-and really, it wasn't even that, I just couldn't do the "norm".
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about the big ultrasound!! I am glad everything is going great! :)
I am so glad that you are doing your research and doing what is best for YOU. I love you, and I hope that your friend who lost her dad is doing okay :-(
ReplyDeleteHmm...Lots in this post. lol
ReplyDeleteI didn't feel A until after 20 weeks...well one time I felt a really hard hit when I leaned over a counter to reach something I was to short to reach around 14 weeks, then nothing. She was always (and still is) a very calm baby.
Many people have different views of parenting, no one is right.
I've been on both sides and kinda in the middle of both. My kids are all normal (mostly lol).
There are always going to be people who disagree with your choices, there are going to be people who make you feel like crap for your choices. Thing is they aren't you and they aren't your baby's mom. At the end of the day you have to do what's best for your family.
Hmm...re-reading what I wrote it sounds not nice...I meant that not one way is right, just because it works for one family doesn't mean it'll work for the next....
ReplyDeleteThink you have everything figured out pretty well! I do have one piece of advice. As a nanny to lots and lots of babies with lots and lots of different types of baby carriers - i have always found that wrap slings are more comfortable for me. A little bit confusing at first but once you get it you wont forget and they have been so much more comfortable than the ring ones (hurt my shoulders). Check out the babyhawk - my favorite so far. Ive actually given one as a gift for a family member before. So much fun to pick out the colors/patterns and they can be used on the back, side, and front until your child is much older. The other one that you had posted I have tried and its so great too - and cozy but, once baby gets heavier ive preferred the more sturdy canvas kinds like babyhawk. Just depends on how long you want to use it i guess!
ReplyDeleteI love how you are working through all your options and finding what is right for YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, so here are my thoughts, of course you already know how I feel (Lol)about most of it.
ReplyDelete1. You have to decided what is BEST for you and your family! Pray and the Holy Spirit will show you what you need to do!
2. I LOVE my job (you know that) I am so passionate about it and take offense when what I do is critisized......labor and delivery is a beautiful, wonderful experience and yes while God made our bodies (women, that is) to give birth, He also gave us Doctors for a reason! There are plenty of women and children who would not be alive if it weren't for Doctors.....Me and Kaeley just to name a few!
3. You make me smile about the circ.....I mean could you see me cleaning Caleb.....he doesn't even use soap half the time! Boys are nasty enough, we don't need to leave extra room for them to collect dirt ;-)
4. Co-Sleeping, well with Kaeley I was so anal about waking up and feeding her then putting her back to bed, Caleb I was too tired so I nursed him and he ended up sleeping with us......well he is 10 and still gets in my bed...hmmm, might should've been anal!
5.I loved my sling (over the shoulder baby holder) its the only way I could get anything done with Caleb....he lived in it! (Caleb seems to be the common thread here...lol).
6. Yay for you for researching and finding out what works best for you, Adam, Riley, Adison and ???
7. I can't wait to be there for this ones birthday party! :-)
I love you