Thursday, January 14, 2010

Brrrr...!

Ok Shay, warmer weather is right around the corner! Over the weekend and all of next week we are suppose to have 60 degree weather, and mostly sunny...I cannot wait!

I am feeling much better, and in a much better mood at that. We were able to leave the hotel Monday and come back to our warm home. It was good to be in a different environment for a few days and I am still counting down our days until vacation.
Adam's hours are still the same. His boss said that they are going to try and hire more people so that everyone isn't working so late. Hopefully that plan works.

On Saturday I will be 12 weeks along. Finally hitting the 3 month mark. It is kind of going by fast. I have another appointment on the 22nd, I'm hoping they listen to the heart beat so I can guess if it's a girl or boy. We have an official boy name chosen, but we have not got into the girl names yet. I have to watch my sodium intake because I have pregnancy induced high blood pressure, as I did with both girls. Of course it just so happens that the saltiest foods are the foods I want the most, especially pickles.

I seem to have misplaced our camera somewhere. Either that or my husband has hidden it so that it doesn't end up broken. Which is why I have not posted any recent pictures.

Right now, my heart is heavy for...Haiti.
For the estimated 100,000 deaths. For the families of those killed, injured or effected in any way. For the one's who cannot find family members, or get in touch with them. For the scared children, mothers and fathers. For the ones who are thirsty, but can't drink the water. The one's who are hungry but have no food. The one's who are hurt and are awaiting aid. For the mother's who cannot find a child, for the children who cannot find their parents. For all of the rescue workers working around the clock to find people, help people, and feed people.
Compassion has a Haiti Disaster Relief fund that you can donate to, join prayer groups, see pictures and maps of the effected area, and if you sponsor a child in Haiti, check for updates as they get them on the offices and children sponsored.

And please...don't donate to the Rob Paterson fund for Haiti. Really, did you see his interview about the earthquake? About how it was because Haiti made a pact with the Devil...really????

I am thankful for my life! My country, and the protection God has provided for my family and I. Please keep Haiti in your prayers.




The song "there will be a day" by Jeremy Camp runs through my head every time I look at pictures from Haiti.




6 comments:

  1. Happy 12 weeks. Wow I can't believe your already this far along.

    My hear is heavy for Haiti as well. My prayers go out to anyone effected by this horrible tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you girl on this cold weather...warmer weather was here today and it was wonderful. Who da thunk in Florida you would be celebrating 60 degrees. Congratulations on the 12 week mark...what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shay, are you guys gonna find out what you're having for sure?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for 12 weeks, how exciting! I am so with you on the warmer weather, I can't wait!!

    What is going on in Haiti right now is devastating, so sad. I just can't imagine what they are going through, prayers are with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 12 weeks!! It goes by fast, doesn't it?! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl. Good luck on avoiding the pickles... although I guess I'm one of those pregnant ladies who never craved pickles. Frankly, I can't see why anyone does! I mean, don't get me wrong, I like pickles... but chocolate, ice cream... THESE things I crave. : ) Pickles? Not so much. heehee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe your already this far along.

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete