I am not at all excited about growing out of my clothes. As a matter of fact, I'm dreading the awkward months (at about 3/4 months along) when you are to big for regular clothes...but not quite "pregnant" enough for maternity. I hate that part.
Im tired. Im tired of being tired! I did get out and take a long walk with the girls this afternoon. It was really nice and did give me a small boost of energy, it made me love my neighborhood even more. I love seeing kids playing in yards and riding bikes, the mailman waves every time he passes us...even if it's the 5th time around. The girls pointing at every dog or cat in sight, Addison calling them all "lu-lu". The play ground being right around the corner, and I love the elementary school. I love walking by and seeing all the drawings and arts and crafts hanging in the windows. Watching the parents wait to pick up their kiddos, listening to the kids on the play ground talk about who likes who and who dumped who....(at age 12...lol). It kind of makes me want to re-think my homeschooling plans. I want my kid's to have that experience...to have friends. Not just "church" friends who they see Wednesday nights and Sundays. To go on field trips, be in a classroom. Play tag during recess. Not be isolated attached..."weird" kids. It's something Adam and I really have to pray about...a pretty big decision. There is a Catholic school in town I wouldn't mind paying for them to go to, it is a really good school...
Anyways...back onto baby three. Energy...I need some! Six week's along, six weeks to go and hopefully I'll be normal again! I am not seeing a doctor until January. We have CIGNA insurance right now, but Jan 1st it switches to BCBS. (Not so happy about that!) So I'm waiting for the switch before I begin prenatal care. I'm really excited and I already want to begin painting the baby's room and buy stuff. I know, I am holding out...I have a long way to go still. We have 2 names picked for a boy, and 2 for a girl.
I am having the baby in a hospital and I have a semi-birth plan worked out. Kind of...all I know is that I am not taking pitocin unless something isn't going right and they tell me I may end up with a c-section if I don't take it right then. No epidural. No c-section (unless a real emergency of course). I have to be on the IV for meds because I am GBS positive, however...I am not going to lay in the bed and not move an inch because I'm afraid of the monitors moving and the nurse running in all annoyed. I will get up and walk and I'm going to give birth however I feel the most comfortable. The nurses are not taking the baby from the room...even for the shift change.
That's about it. That's what I want right now, I may go into labor and beg for an epidural so I can sleep through labor like I did with my girls. Who knows.
I am praying that I don't get really sick with this one. I can handle being exhausted 24/7, but throwing up I don't know how I would do it with my two girls all day. Lord, please don't let me get too sick! My girl's need me to be well, not to be miserable and in the bathroom all morning.
I'm six weeks...so this week, the nose, mouth and eyes are taking shape. His/her heart is beating 100 to 160 times a minute (twice as fast as mine). Blood is beginning to course through it's body and it's intestines are developing. He or she is the size of a lentil bean.
For me...You may find yourself developing a bit of a split personality — feeling moody one day and joyful the next. Unsettling as this is, what you're going through is normal. Ricocheting emotions are caused partly by fluctuating hormones. But hormones aside, your life is about to change in a big way — and who wouldn't feel emotional about that?
Here's to getting through this next week! I'm excited, little lintel bean.
I too am praying you don't get sick...morning sickness is no fun, esp not with two little ones.
ReplyDeleteSo awesome that you already have your birth plan laid out. I wish you all the luck. I wasn't able to do it without the epi.
Best wishes!
congrats, mama! how exciting!
ReplyDeleteThats so great! Im happy for you! Im in the reading part of my training to become a doula right now so I am learning all sorts of amazing things about different birthing techniques etc. (If you don't know what a doula is, they are pretty much just there for support during labor - any sort of support that is needed) One thing that I have been reading about that you might like to research a little is hypnobirthing. Really seems like something that would be beneficial to you and your birth plan - basically helps you to enjoy the experience of your labor through pain coping techniques etc. You might remember the slideshow I sent you of the woman who had the painless childbirth with hypnobirthing.
ReplyDeleteCongrats again! For energy, you might want to look into prenatal vitamins? Might help. Oh, and I have a hypnobirth book if you want to read it. Don't know where the CD is for it, but I have great meditation music!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Hate the awkward months, always made me feel frumpy and sad because nothing fit right. lol
ReplyDeleteJust because you were GBS positive with a previous pregnancay doesn't mean you will be with everyone. I know some doctors will want you on antibiotics just to be safe...
The hospital here seems pretty good about things...I'd rate it the best out of the 3 I've given birth in....actually I read something awhile back about a woman who had one of her children here, moved and was moving back and was planning her next pregnancy around being here....I guess that tells you a hospital is a good one. lol
Congrats on the pregnancy!
ReplyDeletePrayers to you... Im so happy for you guys. It is so very hard to be pregnant but also wonderful. As sick as I was and Oh I was. I sometimes miss the feeling of my babies inside my whom moving around. Such a special time for you and your little one.... Congrats to you!
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting. It is awesome to think you have a little miracle forming inside you. Gives me chills. I savored every minute of my third pregnancy. It was wonderful. I hope you get more energy soon.
ReplyDeleteGood for you all having names picked out already. WE didn't name SM until hours after he was born.
I hope you get some rest although I know when your early on it doesn't really matter, your tired no matter what. Hopefully no morning sickness.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about those awkward months where you just look fat and you can't wear anything you own. Hopefully that will pass by fast.
WOW congrats. I guess I missed the "I'm pregnant" post. The tiredness will be fleating like everything else. YAY think boy.....
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you and your little lintel bean! Can't wait to help bring him into this world. I will be there ya know! Any position, with/without an epidural, any doctor you decide, any plan you choose.....just don't embarass me! LOL :-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new baby!!!
ReplyDeleteMy kids were in public school until this year and we pulled them out. I wish we could afford private school but with 3 we just can't right now.
Congrats on the new baby!! I hope you don't get sick with this baby. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am so excited for you :o)
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! Congrats!!! I've been a horrible reader! I totally pissed your bfp post!!!! That's great you already have a birth plan in place! Homeschooling is a tough decision! I was thinking of doing it with Hayden, but now I work in a school and he loves going to Pre-K, so he will end up going to reg school!
ReplyDelete