Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hormones, Exhaustion, Depression?

Have I mentioned that I hate, hate...hate...loathe...the first trimester of pregnancy?
I do.
It's awful. It's the same as it was with both girls. I'm tired all the time, I have no energy. I get nausea's some mornings. I wanna eat, but then it kind of makes my stomach feel weird a little bit after I do. I don't feel like doing anything. Going anywhere. I don't feel like doing laundry. Or the dishes...or vacuuming. Or sweeping and mopping. Taking care of the dog. Changing diapers. I don't even feel like shopping.
What do I feel like doing?
Booking a master suite with a jacuzzi tub. Hiring a sitter. And spend the weekend soaking in the tub, eating...24/7 room service would be awesome(im just saying). Watching tv. Laying in bed. Swimming. Sleeping. Spending time with my husband. Not going anywhere. No phone. No computer. Ahhhhhhhh that sound's amazing. That is the only thing I feel like doing.
This to shall pass.
Hopefully sooner then later. 5 weeks until I'm out of this stage...I pray.
I can't wait to be 6 months along, with a big belly, energy, and just feeling great again.

Today was the Christmas play. Ok, well lets start with a weekend round up. Adam had a three day weekend. (amazing!) Well, I barely saw him. Friday I spent the morning running errands, and providing moral support for a friend setting up the stage set for the play. Shopped. Ran home to bathe the girls and bring them to a another friends so me and Adam could go back to church for a run through. Way tired by the time we got home that night.
Saturday, early morning. Dress rehearsal. Spent the morning at the church, my dad came over and watched the girls. Afterward adam and I had to run around getting last minute things for his Christmas Banquet. Got home in time for showers and getting ready. Got dressed....hit the road. My dad stayed with the girls all day. 10am to 10pm. I am very thankful for that. The banquet went well, very nice. Kind of boring, but I enjoyed meeting the people adam work's with and spending the night out with him. We left early, after dinner. Just when the band started and the old ladies in short skirts and low cut dressed began strutting their stuff on the dance floor. Nice.


Phew. Sunday morning, early. Play day! My dear friend came over to watch the girls before church. Got them dressed, fed them, even picked up my house and vacuumed. She was a life saver this weekend. The wait for the play to begin was almost un bearable. The kids were tired, worn out. Ready for it to be over with, not listening so well, and just..done. Then, it was finally time. I have to say, it went pretty darn good. Couldn't stop smiling at how great the kids did. It makes me wanna cry! Awesome kiddos.
I then came home, and SLEPT! Adam said I was snoring the loudest he's ever heard. I was out. Woke up...ate...and laid around the house all afternoon until now! Girl's are in bed, Adam's playing xbox. It was a good weekend. Worth the exhaustion!

I can't believe that Christmas is next week. I am not done shopping...still. I have not planned out what I'm going to cook for Christmas day or anything. I do know, that I am very excited. I do know, that we are making a birthday cake for Jesus and letting the girl's blow out the candles for him after dinner Christmas day. How many candles does Jesus need? I'm just gonna stick a pack on there. Read them the birth story.
Hot chocolate with big marshmallows...setting out cookies and milk for santa...cinnamon buns Christmas morning. Okay....just noticed that entire part is all about food. lol. Opening gifts! It's the most wonderful time of the year!

This week will include cleaning...praying for sun so I can take the girls to the park. A birthday party, a little shopping, festival of lights on the weekend, and maybe a play date with my good friend meg who I miss. =-)

Oh, along with getting in touch with a midwife, figuring out our new insurance so I can make appointments and stuff, mailing out Christmas cards...and maybe finding a new home for piper...because Adam is ready to kill him. I will be surprised if I wake up in the morning and he is still here. Please pray I find a good home for him. He is such a cute boy.





8 comments:

  1. Busy busy girl! I hope the next 5 weeks pass quickly for you, firs trimester is never easy but so so worth it! :) I can't believe Christmas is so close either I have way too much left to do, ugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are not feeling well this first trimester. It will be over soon.
    you were so busy...how did you do it all without collapsing? Love the pictures of you and hubs. CUTE! Take it easy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I'm not pregnant and I would be tired after all of that! Here's hoping you get your energy back quickly.
    The pic of you and Adam are so cute. You are a beautiful couple.
    Hope your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tired just reading that!lol I totally hear ya about the first trimester...it's the worst!!! I hope you get some rest and everything on the to do list gets done. I can't believe Christmas is next week!!! (yikes)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Christmas is next week :(. Hope you feel better soon at least you know why you are tired. It's all for a good reason. Try to take it as easy as you can (I know it's almost impossible with little ones). Rest rest rest.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that second picture! You look so beautiful.

    I totally understand about the first trimester nausea. I had that with my last three children. No fun at all!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel you!!!! At least we are in this together!!!! I feel the same way. I have been having to force myself to go to the grocery store, run errands, clean, etc. Luckly Nick has been off, so he has been helping me alot. Thankful to have such a great husband. It is going to be so worth it in the end though. I am excited for the both of us! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your get away sounds perfect!!! Enjoy the time to relax. And Congratulations on the baby!!!! I missed a few days of blogging last week and am so excited to hear the good news. Hope you're feeling better and the morning sickness is going away!!!

    ReplyDelete