Woke up to a messy house, due to my night time laziness. Got the kitchen cleaned and lunch made, (oh, breakfast too) then took Riley and Adison downtown to the park.
They are so cute. We got out of the car and Riley said "I'm so excited!" Of course, that made me excited too! They played hard! Adison was even climbing and going down the slides by herself. Ran into a dear old friend of mine and her four beautiful kiddos, it was great seeing an old familiar face. It brought a comfort that I haven't felt in a long time. We even sat on the bench swings and sang songs. It was quite relaxing.
By the time we got home, it was 3 and we all slept until 6! I attempted to start dinner and bathe the girls, when Adison decided that she wanted to go #2 in the tub. Nice, dear addie. I was frustrated by this time...having to empty the tub, get the stuff out, clean the tub, and refill it to try again. My house was a wreck at this point as well, and Riley threw her dinner all over the floor for no reason. Adam didn't get home till 8, and I was done. Somehow, I got through the rest of the night, even cleaned the rest of the kitchen and mopped.
Overall, it was a good day with my little girls.
What did we do for Christmas?
Christmas eve, Adam worked. I stayed home with the kids, cleaned, baked, and got everything ready for Christmas day. We met adam at church for Christmas eve service and headed out to my parents house for there annual Christmas Eve party...dun dun dun...
which was a great time.
My grandma was there, along with neighbors and such. Tons and tons of great food, and we got to open our gifts from my parents and grandma. Exhausted by the time we got home, we put out the cookies for Santa, and we all went to bed!
Christmas morning was not what we expected. The girls were not really excited about opening gifts. After gift #3, they just wanted to play and I ended up opening the rest of the gifts for them! We skipped the pictures, and used the camcorder this year. One day, we'll get the video up :)
After lunch and naps, we went to Adam's mom's house for dinner, the girl's opened gifts from them and then we headed home for bed! It was a fast day. We were very blessed this year, it was one of the best Christmas's we've had together. Next year, we will have three children! Oh! We got to send Bernardo his gift, and wrote him for the first time. I will squeal the day we get a letter from him!
Speaking of baby. I'm 9 weeks along and feeling, fine. Just tired & I get stomach aches after eating anything. 3 weeks and I'm out of the first trimester! I finally have an appointment made with my doctor of choice. Jan 8th is my first appointment and I will be almost 11 weeks by then. I'm kinda excited about getting my first ultrasound and hearing the heartbeat. There is nothing like being pregnant. This weekend, I am going to purchase gender specific clothing, for the gender that we know this baby is going to be. We are so confident, that we feel absolutely fine about buying girl OR boy things...already. How do we know? Because God told us " the blessing you have been praying for is coming." And well, 6 days later we found out we were pregnant! However...what was it exactly that we were praying for? :)
1 Samuel 1:27 -28
So, all is well in the Potter house. I am definitely looking forward to a new year. New beginnings, new life, new opportunity's...just newness. And, yes I am making resolutions.
Aww, Jan 8th is Brie's 15th birthday. A good day indeed!
ReplyDeleteGlad to see that your family had a fantastic holiday!
Glad you had a nice Christmas. Really, you had to open the rest of the gifts? I should have sent my gift opener your way. He loved it this year.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great Christmas! Can't wait to see video. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you guys had a good Christmas. How fun that you can go out and buy baby stuff. I wish I could pregnant again. I miss it. Your right its such a great feeling to be pregnant.
ReplyDeleteYou make me wann ahve a sweet family so bad!
ReplyDeleteYour kids sound so sweet :)
Congratulations on your pregnancy too :)
I hope the new year brings you just as much joy*