The family that will keep your kid when they know you have something important to do. That will paint her nails and take her out. Who will buy me a turkey & show me how to gut it and cook it since it's my first time cooking a Thanksgiving dinner. Who will give and wrap up a present for us to take to a birthday party, AND make a card to go along with it. Family that gets almost more excited than me over things happening in our family, family who calls me on a daily basis just to chat, and family who we know without a doubt loves us & cares for us.
They rock!
What was that I said? Me cooking a Thanksgiving dinner? Yup.
I'm not 100% sure how the day is going to go, I do know that I will be cooking for my family. Up bright and early watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while the kiddos run around. Letting my husband actually relax, instead of driving back & forth and back & forth from family's houses. We may head to my parents for dessert, we'll see. I am looking forward to it. This should be a fun, and interesting experience!
I am planning on black Friday shopping! Okay, well really there is nothing in the ad's that I want, or that I think is worth fighting crowds for...however, I am looking forward to going with friends. I think it will be fun...and tiring at that. Call me crazy.
So, this pain in my back/side has yet to go away. It's not so bad that it's keeping me from sleeping anymore, but I still feel it. I'm wondering what the heck is causing it! I really don't feel like getting a sitter to watch my girls and go to the doctor for them to tell me its a pulled muscle or something. Im hoping that continuing to drink a ton of water, and sleeping right will just make it go away. Okay...does water have anything to do with this? I'm not sure, but it sounds good.
Christmas play practice is.....
going.
We only have three practices left. And....I know that somehow, it will be pulled off. The kid's told us what they were thankful for today, and a little boy had a dog named flea. I thought that was so cute. Flea. And there was a little girl who said she wanted a telescope for Christmas. Aww, a telescope. That is the sweetest thing ever, I wonder if my kids will want things like that? Or will they be asking for the laptops...cell phones and ipods? I hope the telescope!
I am so blessed! I hope everyone has a great start to their week!
Good luck with hosting your first Thanksgiving dinner! It is a lot of work, but well worth it to not have to travel with two kids in tow.
ReplyDeleteHope your week goes well!
I have never cooked Thanksgiving dinner...good luck my friend.
ReplyDeleteI will be out shopping too on Black Friday. I go every year with my mom...I love it.
I have never hosted Thanksgiving either...I would be lost in the kitchen! yay for you! I will not be shopping on Black Friday! I think it would be fun, but I just can't get by butt out of bed that early! Have fun! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteI am in the same boat as you...I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the first time this year too!! My mom is coming over to help so I should be able to survive...:) I hope that pain goes away soon. That is so frustrating when it doens't go away, but I am like you-I don't want to go to the doctor to just find out it is something like a pulled muscle. But, I guess you never know. I hope you have fun on Black Friday. You have a great week as well!! I can't wait to hear how your meal turned out!
ReplyDeleteI am hosting dinner on Wednesday night for 16 of us!
ReplyDeleteI love shopping on Black Friday too!
Good Luck!
Good luck with preparing Thanksgiving and hope you all have a relaxing day!! O and have fun shopping bright and early too.
ReplyDeleteI'll be out there on Black Friday, too - with my mother-in-law. I'm not much of a shopper, but she really looks forward to it. Shopping is her thing, so I do it more for the bonding experience. :) She's a sweetie. Good luck with the bird! Those Reynolds Oven Bags are great for turkey - it's hard to dry them out when you use one of those bags. I'm not a great cook, but I've yet to mess up a turkey when using those bags! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with Thanksgiving dinner! You're way more brave than I am!
ReplyDeleteHopefully you'll find some good deals on Black Friday that you aren't expecting. I've gone once, and after getting over the "oh, my gosh I can't believe I got up this early" wore off, it really was fun. Good luck!
Me too!! Great deals and yes love the dvds too.. (as do the kids come Christmas morning)
ReplyDeleteoh and have you been to Kohls yet? ;)
ReplyDeleteHow fun, I hope all goes well with your Thanksgiving cooking. I haven't done that yet either. My mom and Grandma always cook and I stand around sort of helping, sort of just talking. I'm sure yours will be great. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
ReplyDelete