Monday, November 2, 2009

Today...

I am smiling big time, because...
Last night I was online all night looking at different things that had to do with Needy Children & Foster Care, etc.
I ended up looking up information about the homeless shelter closest to us.
Which lead to looking at the childrens shelter in that same town.
Which lead to me looking up our local CAPA.
Which lead to me emailing them at 2am this morning.
Which lead to getting a reply back by the time I woke up, saying:

"We'd love for you to volunteer with the kids!"
And, I cannot stop smiling. Because I am going there tomorrow morning to fill out the paperwork and get more information.
They need people to play games with the kids, read to them, bake birthday cakes for when a child has a birthday etc.
Perfect!
-I can do this on my time(even in the afternoon's!)
-Adam does not have to do it (still praying until something happens!)
-And I get to be with the kids. They even get little babies in sometimes!
-I can pray for these kids! That they will be soon reunited with their parents and siblings!
-It is literally, 1 block away from my house.

Needless to say, I am very excited for tomorrow morning.
I can't wait to be able to bake a birthday cake for a child who is in a shelter, away from his/her family and probably scared, confused, lonely...among other things.
I am happy that I found something I am able to do right now. I don't have to wait for enough money, or for my husband (even though im still waiting...I can do this in the mean time) and, they are kids right here!

God is Good!

What We Are Praying For:
-Guidance!
-Even though working at the capa shelter is a good idea, not every good idea is a God idea. I still need to make sure this is something HE want's me to do. I am going to be praying on it for the rest of the day and night, if I have peace in the morning...I will be happily running up the road to fill out those papers!
-For the children who are in the CAPA shelter.
-For strength in our marriage.
-Wisdom and patience raising my children.
-Adam's job. That the stress he is carrying will be relieved, and that he will learn to trust you more, lord.
-For a family friend and her family. That she will smile, that God will wash away her insecurities, that she too has wisdom & patience raising her children, and they will continue to patiently wait on you as you are working out their big future plans you have for them.
-For our financial freedom.
-For peace.
-3 days until I speak at the women's meeting. I'm getting so nervous. Not about what I'm going to say, but about getting up and saying it.




8 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am so excited you found something that works for you!! God is good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW!! I'm so happy for you! Happy for those lucky kids who gets someone as caring and sweet to spend time with them. I'm happy for you**

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy, you have inspired me to check it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!!!!!! I know I've said it before but you're amazing! Hugs girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have found some way to make a difference that is near and dear to you heart. Wishing you well with your new endevor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome! I can just hear your excitement! What a blessing you will be to the children there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great news!!

    Wishing you all the luck!!

    Cheers,
    D

    ReplyDelete