Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday's

Today, I am Thankful For:

The Weather It's finally a little cold here! (okay, yes...a high of 59 today is cold for us).
My Husband Who is open! Hardworking, patient & loving. He supports me, and is willing to read/watch/ learn about all of my "great" ideas.
My Girls Who are shoveling down breakfast as I type. Riley this morning said " migos see ya soon!!" (suppose to be amigos!) and last night when I went to sing her "you are my sunshine" like I do every night, she told me "no, dont sing, i okay mom, im fine". It crushed my heart! And little addison always makes me laugh, she is going to be a little comedian. Her vocabulary still only consists of a total of 6 words, but she has a strong willed, funny personality.
Health Thank you lord, we have not been sick yet! I have friends who children get sick (seriously) like every other week. I am thankful that the most we have had is a few runny noses!
Holidays That are approaching! They make me feel warm and they bring families together!
Family My Aunt is in town from Florida, and tonight we are heading to my mom's where all my family will be, as well as neighbors, for some homemade enchiladas & a fire. I know, it should be something like hot dogs and a fire...I enjoy these gatherings and I'm thankful to have family so close!
Mi Casa Everything but the outside is ready for Christmas! I love being able to sit on the couch and stare at the tree. I am thankful that I have a home, and a tree this holiday season.
Finances We have socks, jackets, shoes, hats, heat, blankets, food & clothes! Things that are again "basic" to us, but you wouldn't believe the number of people around the world who are going without these things this winter.
My life I am blessed! I am rich! I am His!

Thank you, Lord!


8 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!! The more basic - I believe the happier we are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Your kids are so cute! Great Thankful Thursday post. And your background and header or so cute...did you make them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great list!!!! I am blessed to for some of the same things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. shay, your posts always make me smile! your thankful attitude is super uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to start doing this too, Shay. You are a great motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gratefulness is a great way to start the day! :) Thanks for this post, Shay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect list as always! Makes me happy to read them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an award for you!!

    And why do you want it to be cold!!

    ReplyDelete