Wednesday, November 4, 2009

OH yea!

I told myself I wasn't going to blog today. Of course, here I am typing my daily blog entry at 12:33am. So, it technically isn't today at all. It's tomorrow!

Guess what I have parked in my drive way...
Is it my new Pacifica?
No, of course not.Instead, its...



this nice...big...lap of luxury.
The dealership even did me a favor, they left the giant "certified pre-owned" sticker on the front, with the price $18,999 across the windshield. NICE!
Okay no seriously, the dealership had to look at my A/C and detail the car. So they gave me this loaner car until mine is ready.
My friend and I were at the dealer waiting, and they drove up this huge town car and gave me the keys. We both could not help but bust out into laughter. Just the thought of me driving it makes me laugh. It's embarrassing. I even had her pick me up and bring me to church tonight so I didn't have to roll up in the granny mobile. Im praying I will have my new car back tomorrow MORNING!

Which, by the way...speaking of tomorrow (or today..)...IT'S THE DAY! Already. I've been counting down for 45 days and the day is here. I'm giving my testimony and...I'm ready. I think...Im going to be so nervous, it makes me nauseous thinking about it. I don't mind talking about what I'm going to talk about...It's just getting up in front of everyone. Which is funny, 3 yrs ago I would not have been nervous at all. I never use to mind this kind of stuff.
Either way, whether im ready or not...the day is here and I have to do it.

My hope is that God uses my testimony for at least one person in that room. Just one will make it all worth it. It is definitely a good time for him to use me.
An awesome friend of mine is going to pick up my girl's a few hours before church, so that I can talk/pray/relax before hand. This is a huge blessing, I hope she knows how much it means to me and how big of a help she really is. So, I'm going to meet Mama D downtown for coffee and to sit on the swings and talk...pray...prepare. Calm my nerves and soak up the encouragement. God is Good, and I'm just going to be telling them just a few ways that he has been so good to me!
I..can't...wait.

I went up to the hospital this afternoon to visit a girl from church who just had her first baby. It's a girl, Chloe. She is so tiny and so sweet. She only weighed 5lbs and some ounces. It made me want a baby even more. Then in class tonight, an older woman was talking about how it's great that there are women who go into hospitals and visit the sick and elderly and do this and that with their time. But that moms who stay at home raising their children are doing something just as important as volunteering somewhere, that it's a ministry in itself. It made my eyes get all watery. She is right. It is important, it is BIG enough. It may just be enough if this is what God wants me to do right now. I was blessed by that tonight.

It's now 1am... a shower and the bed are sounding awesome now.

What I am praying for:
-Strength. That I will not be nervous tomorrow, that God will give me his strength to get up and tell everyone about what he has done in my life. That no matter what, when I'm done, HIS name will have been glorified.
-For my husband. That he will lean on you Lord when he is stressed, worried, having a bad day or feels like giving up. You have BIG plans for him lord, help him to trust you and to let you work in him.
-For two of my friends, that they will see how loved they really are and that God will help rid them of their insecurities. They are both beautiful and very loved, and very awesome women.
-For Mama D. For many many things.
-For the girl who had the baby, that she will raise her daughter to know and fear the lord. That she will be a confident mom, and know that she cannot compare herself to any other mom, she is the best mom for Chloe.
-For the older woman who has so much wisdom and truth to spread around. I am always blessed by the things she says. Pray that she knows what an inspiration she is to many people, and how much we all appreciate her obedience.

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your testimony. Wish I could be there to hear it first hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all goes well as you share your testimony!! I really thought for a moment that you bought that car! I was thinking, oh no, never, ever, could I drive a car like that. Glad to hear it was a loaner! Enjoy your day. Trust in the Lord and He will give you the words to speak to reach others for Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH- I love testimony time....great way to share a living faith with others!!! I will be praying for you!!! God can use anyone anytime, and when we allow him too.....it reaches further and deeper than we will every know about or even hear about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you to share your testimony, and I am SO cure it will touch people! Good luck honey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet ride! ;) and good luck with your testimony! God will use it in BIG ways. i'm sure of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suhweeeeeet ride Shay! Haha
    I'm thinking about you today... you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I am reading this so late. I hope that your testimony went well and nice car. I hope that you update us on how it all went.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was excited to read you were sharing your testimony..you took the challenge I offered, I hope you will comment on the outcome. I wish others had taken the challenge as well but each one makes a difference in someone's life. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, so I am just checking this since you told me you weren't going to blog last night, as I read it of course I cried. I am so amazed by what God is doing in and through you, you are such an inspiration. I love getting to know you more and I love you!

    ReplyDelete