I woke up this morning with an odd pain in my back. I never have back pain/problems. It's more almost on my "side back". Well, it has been here all day long. Since I kept busy today, I didn't notice it much. UNTIL I laid down to sleep 2 hours ago. It's throbbing. It hurts. I tossed and turned. Tossed and turned. Tossed and turned. I woke my husband up from tossing and turning, then decided to get up and take some motrin. Now I am in the living room waiting on this medicine to kick in so I can get some sleep!
Today was another good day. I am thankful for all the good day's that I have been having! This morning I got to clean my house, play with my girls and put them down for a nap. I was burning my favorite mulled cider candle while they slept and it was making the entire house smell like fall! I loved it. When they woke up, we got dressed & headed out to a friends house to visit. My friend has three kids, who adore my kiddos. I pull up in the drive way, and her two boys (9 and 7) dash out of the house, open the doors and immediately begin hugging my kiddos and getting them out. I love how loving they are! And my girls love them back, I love watching them all together.
We ended up piling into our car and heading out for dinner. It was great looking in my rear view mirror and seeing 5 happy kids. A car full of love (& loudness!). We had a great time with them.
I am still battling the "dog" urge. Do I really want a dog? I've put in a few bites for some min-pins and pom poms, so far none of them have worked out. Do I really want to spend the money on a dog right now, when I can use the money for Christmas...or the Christmas Ball!
The company my husband work's for has an annual Christmas Banquet at a ballroom on a plantation in HIlton Head, for all of the employees in every office in the area, along with their spouse/SO. We are looking forward to it, a night out, and we get to dress up! It says on the invitation that men have to be in a dress coat and tie. I talked with another wife who is going and she already has her dress. It's a long, formal, blue dress. Hmmm. Im thinking, a long formal black dress. I've already found a few that I like and that I need to try on. This should be a fun night for us, I'm proud of my husband and all of his hard work and long hours.
TTC is...going. It's more complicated than I ever thought it could be. I get to test in two days, Sunday morning. There is a girl who goes to my church who just found out today that they are expecting! I'm excited, and I'm hoping to be able to say the same thing this month. She is three weeks along, which means...she tested a week early and it worked. She has me thinking...I know I should wait...it's only 2 more days...but...it could work...Adam & I were even discussing boy names tonight. We are praying hard for a boy. Feel free to pray along with us =-).
Okay seriously, how long does it take for motrin to kick in? It's been almost 30 minutes now.
Oh, on another exciting note-A couple from church are adopting a child from Ethiopia. They are fundraising the money, and I am putting together a 5k Run/Walk to help bring their child home. I have a feeling, it's going to be a big success. I am emailing and brainstorming and gathering information right now. We have a date, March 6th, and I have some big ideas for this event! I'm giving myself great ideas for the future too. ;-)
Tomorrow, or should I say today...hold's a day of...grocery shopping. We have a packed weekend, there will not be time for me to leave the girls with adam and go. I'm hoping allot of prayer will get us through this trip. Which reminds me that I should be doing our meal plans instead of blogging. I may take a trip to pick up two dogs that I inquired about, or I may not.
I pray that everyone has a great weekend, full of fun and laughs, and some time to relax!
What I am Praying For:
A baby boy.
This awful pain in my "side" to go away!
That we find the perfect dog for us, if we decide to get one.
That my girl's will behave at the store tomorrow.
That everything will come together for this 5k, and that we raise a ridiculous amount of money.
That everything will go smoothly with a family issue needing to be addressed this weekend.
Hi Shay, I am up and getting ready to go to work this morning....I just want you to know that I'm praying for you today, that God will give you wisdom regarding the pain (urinary tract infection maybe?)...I love your posts! Reminds me of all the things you do as a young mother and wife. Also praying for your future pregnancy! Hope you have a blessed day dear:)
ReplyDeleteHeya!
ReplyDeleteYou are so awesome, you know that? You are so thoughtful for others, and I think the 5K is a fantastic idea.
I am crossing my fingers re. this weekend!! When we were TTC it was always hard for me to wait!!!!
Praying for a positive pregnancy test on Sunday!! We are going to start trying this month as well. I know how hard it is to wait to take that test when you are "supposed" to!
ReplyDeleteThe 5K is a great idea to raise money!!!
ReplyDeletePraying the pain went away!
So many things for me to comment on.
ReplyDeleteLets see, I will definitely be praying for you to have a healthy beautiful baby boy this go round. I will also pray for your back to start feeling better. That sounds terrible.
Isn't it great that you have fun good friends that have kids and you guys can go and have fun together. Friends are such a gift from God. I'm glad you enjoyed your day with yours yesterday.
Also if you get a dress for the ball you have to post a pic of you in it. I want to see it.
I am hoping that the pain went away and that in a few days you will be able to tell us some good news. Following along on your blog. I need to read some back posts to catch up.
ReplyDeleteMy husband's company has a big work holiday party every year and I look forward to it ALL YEAR because it's the one excuse I have to get all dolled up! I hope you have tons of fun at yours!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Oh, and I can't wait until you test Sunday. Can you go ahead and test early? You know, for me? ;)
P.S.S. Every time I read your blog (which is like every day) and I see your signature, it makes me wish for a day at the spa. :)
The Christmas party sounds really fun. I hope you're feeling better! Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteYou do sound buay! Good luck with everything and I'll be praying for a little boy!!
ReplyDeleteDo you still have your gall bladder? It can give up on you when you're pregnant.
ReplyDeleteA boy huh? well, I know how it feels to pray for a certain sex of the child. My prayer was never realized, but I know God wanted it that way.