Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am Thankful for:

1 Corinthians 12:8-11 The gift of praying in tongues, that has changed me forever. My restrictor plate is now off, and I can run with endurance the race that God has set before me.

Prayers The answered, and the un-answered. The prayers that have brought me to this point, that have taken me to the next level. The prayers that God really does hear!

Bernardo He is an answered prayer! A result of a heart that is beginning to soften, eyes that are beginning to see! A possible life changer for us, this little boy is ours to pray for, think about, and in a sense...take care of as best as we can.

My Husband Who is asleep after another long work day. Who despite his exhaustion, still tucked his girl's into bed, talked, and prayed with them both. Who is being changed. Who was secretly standing outside the doors while I gave my testimony this month so that he could hear me. Who I love a whole lot.

Riley Who amazes me every single day with the thing's she says! Tonight, she told me that her granny was sweet for fixing her blankey. Who took her little sister to the bathroom, took off her diaper, showed her how to sit on the little potty, and held her hand. Even though it lasted .5 seconds, it was a great moment. Who says "Oh! Come here" with her arms spread wide for hugs whenever her little sister cries. Who says "I love you mom", and most importantly, who said today "God loves me! and...daddy! and...addy!...and you!".

Addison Who makes me laugh. Who spent the morning running around the house in nothing but a diaper and our friend Johnny's baseball cap, saying "doo! ball! doo! hat!" Who peeks at me and laughs every time, who wont leave my side for anything. Who I caught the other day holding a baby doll in her arms, rocking it back and forth, and singing "la la looo". Who after her long rough days, lays in bed at night, calm and quiet, and just listens and watches me pray over her and sing to her. Then she'll smile softly and I'll sing more. Those are sweet moments with my baby girl.

My Church That is family. I am able to stand in the back of the sanctuary on a Sunday looking out at everyone, and smile and think to myself "how great is our God...". People who I know will be here for me, no matter what. The friendship's that I have made at church are the best friends that I have ever known. The friend's who love you unconditionally. Friendships that our founded on the same one thing, God. For being a part of a church that does get out of the building.

Family Who sticks together no matter what. Who agrees to disagree. Who loves each other so much, they are willing to do something. Who has seed's planted in their hearts, which I'm praying will begin to bloom very soon. Who make me laugh, and leave me inappropriate facebook comments, gotta love it.

Friends Who will watch my kid's when I need something, no questions asked. Who will come over to weed whack my yard. Who will come over just because I need someone to talk to. Who will pick up my children so that I have some time with God before speaking at a gathering. Who know that when they ask me if I'm okay, and I put "yea..." that I am really not okay and they tell me to spill the beans. Who encourage me, who pray for me. Who call me just to talk, or text me just to say Hi. Friends who care about what's going on in my life, friends who love my children and friends who I can talk to in the middle of the night about our desires, that will come true.

My Life I am saved. I am a child of God. There is hope for me. I am married to my best friend who I know without a shadow of a doubt loves me more than I can fathom. I have healthy kids. I have a good family, great friends, an amazing church. I have a car to drive. I have a place to call home, I have cupboards that have food in them. I have piles of clothes to wear. I have dozens of shoes to choose from. We have food for Thanksgiving dinner and My children will have presents under the tree Christmas morning. I have heat when I'm cold, and air when I'm hot. I have water when I'm thirsty, and...I have the ability to help those who don't have these things. I am blessed beyond words.

Thank You, Lord.



7 comments:

  1. Your words have inspired me, touched me, and reminded me of the God that is Great and Good and Loves me for me. You have helped to kindle the fire that has faded ever so quickly in my spirit, and desperately needs someone to blow on it and help it flare up. Hopefully that will happen soon, and I will be able to get back my flame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a great post! People just to sit back and think of what happens every day-they will find so much to be thankful for every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the beautiful thing to me is the blessing that you are to everyone around you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspirational beautiful post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Shay! Great post! Being grateful is God's will for us in Christ Jesus! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice post. You have wonderful things to be thankful for. Love the family part that you agree to disagree. Such an important concept to get as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love this post, it's a great reminder for all of us to celebrate and pray for what we have! God's blessings to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete