Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Information Overload

There are so many thing's to consider and to pray about when thinking about doing something like Foster Care.
We are, literally, in step 1 of 1,000. What is step 1? Praying. We need to make sure this is from God, we need his approval, his help.
I know, I am kind of compulsive about things, and I have a new idea every week. Adopting, Missions, now Foster Care. Do you see the pattern though? Children. Children who need love and care. If God place's something on your heart, it's not going to go away.
And, well, my tug for helping children has not gone away.
Last night, I listed reason's of why we should, and should not be foster parents. The reason's why was longer than the reason's not too. Actually, the reason's not too we're mostly selfish reasons, and concern's we have about it affecting our girl's right now.
It really is a big, life changing decision. I think it may be bigger than the decision to get pregnant and have your own child. This is not your child you will be caring for, but you have to love that child like it is. That is what these children need, LOVE. If we cannot treat them as we treat our girls, then we will not go through with this. It would not be fair, and the purpose would be destroyed.
We need God right now.

Thing's we are praying for:
-God's guidance.
-Strength in our marriage.
-That we do not take lightly the effect this would have on our girl's
-Stronger Faith. We need to not worry, If this is God, it will all work out.



7 comments:

  1. Amen... you are being obedient and that is GOOD! I'll be praying for you and your family. I have been down this road with my parents. My parents were foster parents for almost 10 years and they loved it. One of my sisters that we adopted came from us fostering her. Its a great gift and I love to see people with this type of passion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys decide to foster a child, or children even. I think you'll find it really rewarding and a child would be lucky to live in a Christian home with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fortunate a child would be to become a part of your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.
    Your a great person.
    My wonderful in-laws fostered a set of 3 siblings for over a year until they were adopted.
    They treated these 3 as they were their own...trips after trips...went to Disneyland...when they were adopted it killed my father and mother-in-law. It broke their hearts.Cried for a loooong time.
    They now have scheduled visits with the kids and drive hours away to go for a day visit.
    They would never do it again because it felt like they gave away their own.
    i do think what your planning on doing is wonderful though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful calling! I have such passion for children too, they need so much love! I hope you get answers to all your questions. What big hearts you and your husband have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think what you guys are contemplating is amazing! I'm praying for you and your husband as you are trying to decide what is best for your family right now.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by! I like the look of your blog. We seem to have quite a bit in common. I hope to "see" you again....I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete