I think it's amazing how I ask someone a question, and as we begin talking about it, I end up answering myself.
DH and I have been having the "battle of birth control" in my house over the past 2 months. Just, deciding on what we are going to do.
My view is...I trust God. If God want's us to have a child, he will give us one whether we are on BC or not! He sees the big picture! We only see right now. If HE say's that now is not the time, then...now is not the time! HE is in control, HE knows what he's doing, we just have to trust.
Now, a friend said "Well, there is a point where you have to be responsible and think about how many children you can afford to support." I agree, but, if God is going to bless you with a child...he is going to provide for you to take care of that child. He is not going to leave you stranded with a baby and absolutely no way to care for that child! If you are a child of God, he is going to take care of you!
To sum it up...I believe...If your going to live for God & surrender your life to Him, you have to surrender your ENTIRE life. EVERY aspect, not just a few parts.
If your surrendering your life to god, you have to trust him with everything. You cant just say "oh God, I trust you with my life EXCEPT for when it comes to family planning!"
That's right. EVERY part of our lives must be left in His control. And He will grant you wisdom along the way to discern what is right for your family as long as you keep asking. Love you!!
ReplyDeleteShay, I wish I had your faith!! You are amazing!
ReplyDeleteouch!! need to take some time and examine where i am not letting Him have control. and does that mean i don't completely trust Him in those areas??
ReplyDelete