Sunday, October 25, 2009

Great Sermons,Christmas Plays & Good Friends

Pretty much sums up my day!

This morning's sermon was really good. It was about anger, and about the type of "angry person" you are. A spewer-one who just let's it go and say's whatever is on their mind when they get angry. And a stewer, on who lets it simmer...and sit..and cook..and boil until one day, it explodes. I have to say, I think I am a little bit of both. Depending on what the situation is, I can sometimes spew. I'm not one to throw things and scream, but I have let it be known many times when I was mad or irritated about something. I also stew, more than I spew. I sit and think about whatever is making me mad...and it does often boil over. I tried really hard to let some thing's go that I am angry about from the past...but I just don't feel like I was successful at it. Pastor is up thee saying "give it God..." etc etc and I was trying...but I don't feel any lighter...and less burdened, or any better. It just reminded me of all the hurt and anger I have. Maybe he want's to deal with me about it in a different way? Maybe I should have gone to the altar and tried harder to give it all to him. Maybe I need to be more obedient.

My dear friend D also told me...that she really believed God laid it on her heart to tell me that my gift's are wisdom & discernment. Sound's good to me! But no, really, I had to come home and look them up and see what that entails. Discerment, had a huge description. But this is what stuck out to me:

Not only can the power of discernment distinguish good from evil (Moro. 7:12-18), the righteous from the wicked (D&C 101:95), and false spirits from divine (D&C 46:23), but its more sensitive operation can also make known even "the thoughts and intents of the heart" of other persons (Heb. 4:12; D&C 33:1). "The gift of discernment [embodies] the power to discriminate…between right and wrong…[and] arises largely out of an acute sensitivity to…spiritual impressions…to detect hidden evil, and more importantly to find the good that may be concealed. The highest type of discernment…uncovers [in others]…their better natures, the good inherent within them" (Richards, p. 371).

And Wisdom:
To have the gift of wisdom then is to be able to apply Biblical, spiritual knowledge to living a Godly life. It is also being able to make scriptural truths relevant and practical in everyday living and decision-making. The “message of wisdom” is being able to know the mind of Christ and His word as it pertains to specific situations.

I know 100% that I have the gift of Discernment. It's ironic how she said wisdom, because yesterday I prayed really hard for wisdom. I had neverprayed for wisdom before, I just felt like I need to ask God for it, so I did. The only question I have is...can I have the gift of wisdom...if I don't know everything in the bible yet? I can't just throw out bible verses...I have to look them up and think about them and what they mean and how they pertain to what's going on. Most importantly, How can I use these gift's to glorify God?


After service, I went and helped a friend with our children's christmas play practice. We only have like, 7 more practices to go before the big day. It wasn't until last week when my husband caught me saying "Im through with you Riley, Several camels short!" that I realized maybe I am a little bit..excited. I am having great fun with this play, and the kiddos in it. Who woulda thunk, it's not like I was a drama nerd growing up ;-). So, I really look forward to our practices, and even when the music is not working, its 100 degrees, and we have men walking in and out of the room carrying tables and chairs...OH, and the restless children...I have to laugh...because I'm happy...even in the chaoticness.



We then, headed to a friends house for lunch. It was, allot of fun. My girl's LOVE that family, and I do too =-) Even Adam had fun, I think I even heard him...TALKING AND LAUGHING!!!! I am thanking God for sending this friend and her family into my life. I learn so much from her every day, and her kiddos crack me up! Thank you lord for giving us such great christian friends who make us laugh, and who let us come over even when they think their house is not clean enough...who love my girls and who watch movies together until midnight. I needed this friend. Thank you for answering my prayer, lord!


Playing dress up.







It was a good day indeed. =-)
Sorry for boring the heck outa you!

What we are praying for:
Strength in our marriage
Guidance
Patience
The ability to find out how God want's me to use my gifts.
Stronger Faith


6 comments:

  1. Today was a great day indeed, I'm glad I got to spend part of it with you. I love to see how God is showing you new and exciting things about yourself! And I love you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shay, thanks for all your support and I am so grateful you are enjoying your friendship with Tiffany and her family. It is good to see you and Adam enjoying the ocmpany of others and just learning to love and laugh together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole thing just made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post!!!!!! The play looks so cool!!!

    Those dress up pictures are adorable too...you have such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, I love hearing about people's HAPPY days!! :) So thankful that you have such great friends, it's so important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post!!!
    Those pictures are great :)

    ReplyDelete