Monday, October 26, 2009

Cameron Riley

Today, you made me smile.
Today, we got to go out, just you and me.
Today, we dropped off your sister at Mrs.Dot's, and you wanted to stay with her.
Today, I took you to the local library. I don't think you liked it that much. I tried reading allot of books to you, but you didn't want to listen, you just wanted to play with this big stuffed humpty dumpty. You did however, manage to let me read you "If you give a mouse a cookie", and it made me smile when you started talking to a little boy who was there. He asked you how old you were , you put a HUGE smile on your face and said "I two years old".
Today, you held my hand and didn't try to run from me.
Today, we went to the store and you got to pick out a toy. You chose to get a little train set. You love cars, airplanes, trains and firetrucks. My favorite thing when I was little was a big yellow bucket full of cars I had and I remember papa telling me all about each car.
Today, I took you for ice cream. You told the lady that you wanted purple ice cream. They didn't have any, so you settled for pink. The minute you got it, your scoop fell on the ground. You didn't mind when mom quickly picked it up and put it back on the cone. 5 second rule, right?
Today we sat eating ice cream and talking about the ducks that were in the pond across from us. You asked me if they were going to eat your food, you made me laugh.
Today, before we picked up your sister, you said "thank you mom for letting me have ice cream"...you made my heart melt.
Tonight, you played with your train and won't let it out of your sight. Even now, as you are SUPPOSE to be asleep...I hear you playing with it.
I love you, Riley Potter.
and...

I Had The Best Time, With You..Today.

8 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest post, ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post, just about makes me cry (in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sweet, I just love those days!! What an awesome mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have got a beautiful blog..with some great pictures and great posts..

    Keep up the good work!!

    Do check out mine(Its not as good as yours though)..

    Will keep visiting your blog..(Already following your wonderful blog)..

    Cheers,
    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a wonderful day!! these are the days i dont ever.want.to.forget. i love that you posted about your simple, yet memorable day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those one on one times with our kids are the best! I get that rarely since we have four but when I do it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet, it's always nice to get to spend some quality time with just one!

    I can tell you are a WONDERFUL mother! That is a very sweet post!

    Have a GOOD one!

    ReplyDelete