Sunday, October 18, 2009

Blessed.

Tonight was a good night, to say the least.
My Uncle (also a pastor) was in town tonight from Ohio, just stopping in for the afternoon on his way home from Florida.
So, we ate a yummy dinner & got to talking.
I think he may be a mind reader or something...because the minute he sat down, he said:
"So, are you finding that the more involved you get into the ministries at church, the more your finding out all the not-so-great thing's about people?"
Like, he took it out of my mouth.
"Does it make you want to pull away?"
Heck yes!
"The more you know about people, the harder it is to love them. Think of how much God loves us, and he knows every move we make and every thought we take"

So, since it just so happened that we started out on this topic, I got to tell him everything that has been going on with this stuff in the past few months.
I was blessed!
He gave me a total different way of looking at all the situation's, and all the things im learning about people.

It is so easy for "leaders" to get puffed up, and to have forgotten what's it's all about! The thing's we talked about all started out with God as the main focus...and has slowly become "one person's" ministry, about "one person's achievements" about "one's persons" climb up the ladder in church leadership. NOBODY has a ministry! It's GOD'S ministry! My uncle's church is not HIS church, it's GOD'S CHURCH! And when people lose that focus, it can be a scary thing. It's not about "YOU"! It's not about a small group you started, it's not about your position in leadership, it's not about YOU AT ALL! He said, when he sees leaders in his church getting like that (&, pastor's are not blind...they know) he said he has to knock em off the pedestal they think they are on, and bring them back to "washing feet" again.

Of course, much more was said than what I'm blogging about, I'm just bringing up things that stuck out to me.
One thing...I am going to start the bible study that I was originally going to host in my home a few weeks ago. GOD DOES NOT CALL THE EQUIPPED, HE EQUIPS THE CALLED!" That's about all I want to get into with that...

The four "D's" of Satan's plan:
Doubt- Makes you question God's word and goodness.
Diversion- Makes the wrong things seem attractive so you want them more than the right things.
Defeat- Makes you feel like a failure, so you don't even try.
Delay- Makes you put off doing something, so it never gets done.

Every single one of those is what held me back from doing the study. Which means, it was the devil. And, it means I need to listen to nobody but GOD when someone is telling me that Im not ready for something.

And, last but not least..."God is showing me these things, for a reason".
I am learning about people, about the way thing's are working (for the better, and how some things are going down a scary path) for a reason. People are telling me the things they tell me for a reason. God is showing me something, and I need to CHEW it for a while, and eventually spit out the sticks.

I know, none of this may make sense to you, it's mostly for my records so I can have it to look back on.
Pretty much, I was blessed tonight, I am thankful I made the decision that I made.


3 comments:

  1. This just blessed me! So glad you have decided to do the bible study. I am so blessed by what God is doing in you and through you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in the ministry ourselves....your post does not sound strange to me!!! Saw a few posts ago about your praying over fostering/adoption...... something very near to our hearts! 6 of our (soon to be 8) adoptions were through the foster care system. I will pray for God's anointing on what path HE has chosen for your family. Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You couldn't have said it better. It's not about the man up there preaching...
    Your so right.
    Great post :)
    People make me cring- but I keep my thoughts to myself....

    ReplyDelete