Saturday, September 22, 2012

Today- I did not do one adoption related thing. Besides pray about it- and think about it ;-)
It was totally needed. We finally got a full day of school work complete, I got all of the laundry done, organized my scentsy stash, dishes, hung out with my kiddos, made dinner and did not end the day mentally exhausted, for once. 
Now I'm sprawled out on living room floor typing while my little 2 year old (insomniac) is playing blocks beside me. The other three are asleep, Mr. is reading, tomorrows school work is ready and on the table, and I plan to put off any more adoption related stuff until Wednesday- errand running day. It is so easy for me to get caught up in everything I need to do, how much paperwork I need to fill out, who I need to get in contact with, what step we take next with our adoption process that it will be the end of the day before I realize that I totally pushed my kids and house aside for an entire day. Truth.

I am overwhelmingly happy & thankful at how well our Magazine bead necklaces are selling! In just a few days the sale of the necklaces have brought in $365! We still have many more to sell! You can click the "donate" button right there <--- and send $20 ($23 if I need to ship it to you) with your address and note saying "necklace" and we will have it right to you!

Sweet moments from this weekend: Mr. secretly packing up his own things and unloading them at the yard sale Saturday to sell. Huge. I would be lying if I said I didn't have a few tears. "He who began a good work..." 
All of the girls bringing me random pennies and dimes to put in our adoption jar.
Big sister says today: "Mom...was I an orphan when you got me?" 

And, today, we are one day closer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment