Friday, September 7, 2012

Accepted!

Can I just say, I am freaking out! We applied yesterday with our agency, and we got the call today saying we were approved! Paid the first of many adoption fees.
I feel peace about our agency choice and our program choice.
Oh the emotions I've gone through today are making me feel a bit bi polar! I wanted to scream, laugh, cry, shout, puke, run in circles, and hide under my covers all at once. Can someone please freak out with me here!?

It's more real now that I have a 50+ page Uganda polices and procedures packet sitting in my inbox. I guess it's time to invest in a pack of printer paper!

Adam's truck is finally out of the shop! {read side bar timeline about our truck breaking down-the day we decide to adopt!} The kids and I have been cooped up in the house for two weeks while he took the van to work. So we did what every family would do when getting their car back, went straight to Chic-Fil-A for lunch, followed by a stop at the bank and a run into Goodwill! We're hardcore ;-)

{i LOVE my kids}

A sweet friend of ours is letting us use her driveway next weekend for our first adoption yard sale- since we live in the middle of nowhere. The sweet children pictured above will be having a lemonade stand, too! We are ready to sell all we own to bring the next Potter child home. 

Lately, I have been missing my two best friends. One across the world in Japan- and one a few states away in VA. Apparently God thinks I'm good at this long distance friendship thing, but oh I wish they were here! 

And, it's 2:18 AM Saturday morning. You know your an adopting mom when you have been reading your brains out for what only seems like a little bit- until you look at the clock and it's been hours. Ok, ok, I know. It's a bit too early to refer to myself as an adopting mom. Whatever! :-) 

2 comments:

  1. Its not to early to refer to yourself as an adopting mom, YOU ARE :) FYI a tear runs down my cheek reading this blog cause I wish I was there with you to help with everything. Miss you terribly and all my potter kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) so excited for your family..I keep checking in for updates..cant wait to watch this all unfold!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete