Today I was chatting with a friend of mine about adoption and money. Her family is in the process of adopting from the Ukraine, and we are constantly brainstorming ideas for fundraisers and researching which way is the cheapest way to go, etc. She told me today "Really, we shouldn't be talking about money at all". Truth.
I admitted to her how frightened I am to send in this application packet. Once we sign up with this agency, we are going to owe them money at certain times. Money we do not have. I almost feel foolish- who adopts a child with no money to adopt?
(raises hand shyly) We do.
This is the biggest prayer circle we've made. We don't have a choice but to trust God from the second we mail out these forms, because the absolute only way that we are going to adopt a child and come up with $27,000 is if HE does it. It's that simple. And a little scary. I am going to admit, I do wonder sometimes "what if he doesn't show up?" . What happens if we owe the agency ____ amount of money, and we just don't have it? I have watched him provide for every single other adoptive family in our church- and yet I still wonder if he will do it for us. This was a perfect night for the Bible and "The Circle Maker".
"You take a step of faith when God gives you a vision because you trust that the one who gave you the vision is going to make provision. And for the record, if the vision is from God, it will most definitely be beyond your means. Having vision beyond your resources is synonymous with dreaming big. and it may feel like you are setting yourself up for failure, but you're actually setting up God for a miracle."
So this is it- our biggest circle yet. God is going to provide for this adoption. I am not fearful, I will not worry. I am going to be bold and believe he's going to do it. We're going to pray, and plug away at fundraising. Mailing out our application tomorrow!
Oh, and just for the record....I can't believe this is happening! Here's to big dreams and bold prayers, and one less orphan.
No comments:
Post a Comment