Thursday, March 8, 2012

She calls me mommy.


But she doesn't know what a real mommy is, or dad.
She saw her parents for the first time in a year the day we got her. They were allowed one hour together. I later come to find out they haven't seen her by choice all this time, they have been allowed to...but never wanted to. I guess that explains why her mom just blew her a kiss goodbye.

Yesterday I had to bring her to social services to drop off some papers. When we pulled up she said ''Go see mommy daddy''. I had to tell her they were not going to be here today, but that I will be with her the entire time. But still, when we walked down that same hallway that she was in with them, she continued to ask. She has a good memory. As of right now, this case is pretty hairy. It even confuses the case workers. There is a chance she could be moved to another county 4 hours away, that is where her parents live. Already confusing..I know.

She is a picky eater. A pretty big one. I tried getting her to eat just 5 small bites of her lunch today and she threw up on me, and said ''I miss mommy daddy''.

Potty training is a challenge, mostly because my girls have been potty trained for so long I'm not use to accidents. But we are dealing, if potty training and eating issues are the worst things we have to work on, I'd say we are in pretty good shape. Our case worker referred to her as a ''good one to break us in''.

My mom came to get my big girls today to see a movie so I could have some time with Angie. I was exhausted as she has us up every morning at 630am so far, and my house was a war zone. What did I really really really want to do...clean my house and take a nap! But I pushed it aside and baked cupcakes with Angie- big step for ME! We are pouring and mixing and licking spoons and she is singing ''flour..and sugar...eggs and some milk!'' the entire time with her sweet little voice. And God totally worked it out because she ended up falling asleep afterwards and I ended up being able to clean my house and take a nap and bake cupcakes with her. Worth it.




Really, she is just sweet. Her voice is adorable. She loves to sing, she loves to be read to. She loves playing outside. She loves dress up. She really is fitting in perfectly, I'm so very thankful that she is a part of God's plan for us, even if its just for a little bit. And I am even more thankful that we didn't give up all the times we wanted to during this process. She is here, we are doing this. The long wait doesn't even seem like it was that long anymore.


-again, it is very important that her photos are not shared. Especially on widely public sites like facebook, twitter, etc. Thank you in advance for respecting her privacy.-

1 comment:

  1. Shes pretty darn cute - she seems like she fits well with your girls. Love reading the updates - i look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete