Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The First Call

We got it! Our first call. It was 2pm today, I had just sat down on the couch and was browsing through my phone when it rang.
"We have a three year old girl that we are trying to place today"
I don't even know what else was said, in my head I was just screaming "yes! yes! yes! omg is this real? yes!"
So, I said "YES!"
The worker says "You don't want to ask your husband first?" Tehehehe.

We had to wait for them to call us back with a time that she would be here. That wait was the worst. I paced the house. I prayed. I told my close friends. I prayed. I cleaned. I paced some more. I checked my phone every few seconds to make sure I didn't miss a call. I prayed more. I thought about her. I told my girls about her, we prayed for her together. We changed the sheets on her bed and picked her out a dora blanket. We cleaned up toys and picked her out a tutu. The girls were already talking about who was going to sleep with her.

4:40pm, we finally got the second call. We needed to come get her from social services in an hour. Panic! I really did not want to bring all my kids to social services! How am I going to talk to the case workers and actually hear what they are saying? Thankfully, a friend came to the rescue and came over to sit with my girls and let me go alone.

I was nervous, prayed more.

I got to the building and was lead directly into the visiting room. There she was...with both of her parents. It was very awkward...the mom ended up crying on me. Ok, so I hugged her because she was crying her eyes out and was right in front of me. I told her she could do it. I was not expecting this part at all. Then I just stood there watching while they played with her...and finally the worker saved me.

They told me what they knew about her and her parents/case. I'm not going to share their business, but the court gave them 6 months to get their stuff together. We are praying we have her until then, you never know. But God has a plan.

Then we loaded the trash bags of clothing into the van, buckled her up in a car seat and left. That was it, the moment we had been waiting for. She was here, real. We were doing this.

When we got home, our girls went crazy! I felt like I was running a day care. We picked up, bathed, had dinner and bed time came. God was totally here, because I was able to get all three four girls into their own beds and they did great! No cries, no whines, no getting up, no talking! So God.

I noticed that books are her "comfort". At night she has to sleep with these three books that play music, and she plays the music and sings to herself. That's how she fell asleep tonight. We have a lot of challenges ahead, like potty training. Eating with a fork. Eating foods other than chicken nuggets. Not calling everyone mommy, too. Thankful for God's grace, and his plan and purpose for this little girl.

Meet, Angie.
(please do not share this picture with anyone, especially on the internet and social networking sites!).






No comments:

Post a Comment