Tonight is one of THOSE nights. One of those nights that I read about something, and want to act. Tonight, I'm reading about the droughts in Africa.
Tonight I'm thinking of how many more Orphans there will be in Ethiopia because of this drought.
Tonight, I'm grossed out about how much I ate for dinner...and how long I left the water running today.
Tonight, I want to purchase tickets, fly over there with a HUGE plane full of food and water, and save them all.
God is so,so....so patient.
Tonight, I have all this "Let's ACT!" energy.
Tonight, I asked my husband what's holding us back from adopting from Africa?
We had nothing.
Before it was our debt.
But our debt is gone now.
I know we cant do everything.
Unfortunately.
Just praying that God will continue to direct us.
Praying that God will use this eagerness to act.
Praying we will always stay in Gods will.
Praying for Africa.
Praying for little "Bella".
Ugh
SO much hurt.
Right there with you...I thought about all these people not having anything to eat and here I am wolfin down pasta....disgusting.
ReplyDeleteIt breaks my heart and makes me sad and angry to hear people in America say why do we worry about people over there, what about the people here...these people are STARVING, really and truly starving and I read well teach them birth control, seriously!
-Cindy
I totally understand! My husband's family are missionaries in Africa. They've built several Bible Colleges over there and my husband's uncles forms many mission trips to go over there and help build homes or just hold and bathe a sick child in one of the orphanages. You can always donate a couple of bucks to a Christian Organization that helps the people of those 3rd world countries. Samaritans Purse is a good one or My husband's family's college is AfricanBibleCollege.org is another great one :)
ReplyDeleteAMEN - me too!!!! Rolls in my brain all the time. It's like carrying something, but I think God's purpose is because it keeps me from being soo full of myself. Which is sad because - I still am sometimes......
ReplyDeleteOye imagine where I would not be without images planted in my brain. God will guide you!!! PRAYING!