I am blessed to be apart of a homeschool support group that just started at our church this year, with many friends who homeschool their children & getting to know the families here that do, but whom I dont know. Blessed that there are so many options available for homeschooling families. Since this is a) our first year homeschooling, aka, the trial & error year... and b)it is "just" k4, I don't have to have everything together as seriously as I would if it was 1st grade. But, for my planning sake, I am trying to have it all together as best I can and make this year serious so that we can get a head start and have a better feel of whats going to work best for our family in our future homeschool years. Not to mention, my preschooler is pretty darn smart & could/should be in kindergarten, anyway!
One thing we are really excited to start doing is "Field Trip Fridays", where one or two Fridays of every month we take a field trip, with or without the homeschool support group. Our first trip is planned for next month, to the local Kazoo factory in our town. Here's my "trip idea" list for this school year:
-Kazoo Factory
-Dentist Office
-Fire Station
-Children's Museum
-Zoo
-Beach
-Pumpkin Patch
-Christmas Tree Farm
-Snow in the South ("fake" snow day in a town nearby, since we dont normally get snow)
-Plantation visit (we have many plantations around here, and one really close that offers a farmers market/vendors/and free face painting/horseback rides for kids)
-Nursing home (bring valentines to people in one of our nursing homes)
We will add/delete and edit this list as we get through the year. We have been to all of these places already, but I'm excited to be going again and making it an "official" learning experience.
Love your ideas! We too like field trips to different places. Makes learning soo much more fun and real. We are excited to actually get to be a part of a homeschool group this year :) FINALLY after doing this for several years!
ReplyDelete