Sunday, May 15, 2011

Who Knew

Who knew one little boy staying with us for a few days could bring us so much joy!

What little boy?

This one:


One of the little one's who stayed with us last week (not a foster child).
We had him again this week, three full days and we all loved every minute! Ok, there were moments ;)

But it's safe to say, that we LOVE him.
I am so thankful that we have the opportunity to pray for him, to hang out with him, to play with him, to teach him, and to pray more!

A friend reminded me after service today, that even though keeping these little boys for a few days here and there seems simple and no big deal...we have no idea how it will effect their lives in the future, and even their parents. They are too little to remember much, but one thing I do know...God hears our prayers when we pray for these boys and their family.

He hears, and he is working.


"For I know the plans I have for you...declares the Lord. Plan's to prosper and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Not only is this my "life verse", but it will become something we will have to stand on when our future foster children return to their homes. That even though we will not be able to see/know whats going on or where the child will end up, God is faithful, and he has plans for these little ones.

2 comments:

  1. I was looking at the picture you have of 'big sister' on here...& wow does she look like your momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, little boys are a handful of delight! I should know! Glad you got to have this little man in your home!

    ReplyDelete