Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Your only little for a little While...

Your Only Little for a Little While.
And while we still have a little time left...you my Riley girl, are growing much too fast.
I remember the first time I held you, 6lbs 9oz, a beautiful bundle of wrinkles & sweetness.
I remember how I cried when the doctor told us "we are having you now"...I was about to be a mom!
I remember how I cried watching you naked with your eyes covered under the lights for jaundice. How you had to stay in the hospital an extra day without me.
I remember sitting up in the middle of the night with you, just staring at you.
The day you became a "Big Sister".
Watching you "make" Addy push you around the house on the Dora car when she could barely walk (she did it! We have the video!).

Four years watching our first little girl change our lives completely. We are already very proud of the little girl, and big sister you are. I'm looking forward to another year of tea parties, make believe, princesses, pirate ships..and the seven dwarfs.
Oh. And please, stop growing up, bug.

"I know the plans I have for you...declares the Lord...." Jeremiah 29:11












4 comments:

  1. Amen to Jeremiah 29:11!!!! I keep trying to tell my boys to slow down too. They will be in college before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- stop the growing already!!!! :)

    What a beautiful sweet girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember when you were pregnant with Big sister, they have grown so much. You & Adam are doing a great job!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO very sweet!!! Happy Birthday Big Sister! : )

    ReplyDelete