Monday, March 14, 2011

Multitudes on Monday #21-31

I can barely keep my eyes open tonight, but I wanted to stop in & write about our day today!
We took a trip to the zoo (more like a mini road trip...2hrs or so!) to meet a sweet family who has fostered and then adopted five out of six of their beautiful children. Despite waking up very late and leaving our house at about the time we were suppose to already be at the zoo, then getting semi lost and going in the wrong entrance...we finally made it! We walked, talked, snapped pictures, oh and looked at animals of course!
After being in "waiting limbo" with our licencing right now, it was very refreshing for us to finallymeet a family who has gone through it all (x5) and hang out with amazing kids. It really knocked some of our fears thoughts out of the water and gave us a great new perspective on what we are doing and why. I owe a huge thank you to this sweet family for walking with us since before we even applied for foster care, answering my exhaustingly long emails filled with questions and concerns, and giving us even more inspiration! It truly was a fun day!



















21. A great day spent with my hubby, kids, and another lovely family.
22. Timely reminders of why we are becoming a foster family.
23. My husbands cool work schedule.
24. Letter orders that continue to pour in, but never get to be more than I can handle.
25. My parents being a short thirty minutes away, and the in-laws being a short fifteen minutes away.
26. Gyms. Particularly the one we begin working out at in the morning.
27. That God's kingdom is going to continue to advance, no matter what disaster is currently happening, his work is not finished!
28. Supportive friends. Just plain good friends.
29. Three lovely little girls.
30. Medicine for my daughters double ear infection that she still has...
31. Sleep! That is coming...now! :)



2 comments:

  1. I’m here from Ann’s.

    Even though it’s Thursday and I’m still reading the lists. I heart these lists. And now I come to yours…and first – what a day of wonder – and love – and family. And because this is true on both a global scale – and a personal one – my favorite from your list is 27. That God's kingdom is going to continue to advance, no matter what disaster is currently happening, his work is not finished!

    May God Bless and Keep you and all of yours this day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! It's all I can say! I think the ministry of foster care is so greatly overlooked in the Christian community, but has such potential in reaching children, showing God's love, and yes. . . even adoption! I pray all your fears will be put to rest as you continue on this path!!!! My heart has been blessed for having been here!

    ReplyDelete