Tomorrow morning, we are waking up early, packing the girls bags, dropping them off at "grannys" and heading to our Foster Care training for the entire day.
We will do the same thing next Saturday.
Tonight, I'm reading about a friend who is fostering...
how hard it is...
how your never really prepared until someone hands you a child, until reality is looking you in the face and you have to care for this broken child.
Your never prepared for what effect it will have on you, or your family.
Honestly...
It would be so much easier to sleep in tomorrow, and skip training.
To call the social worker Monday morning and tell him we don't want to do it.
OH it would be so much easier if we could go about taking care of our little family...
it would be so much easier to pretend we don't know...that we don't know about the need...pretend like we don't feel God tugging and leading us...
But I can't.
I can't go to sleep tonight and forget.
Somewhere in our town, there are "frostbitten and abandon" children who God is asking us to love.
Praying God opens your eyes to all that He has planned for you. I know our situation wasn't with a little one...but I can also tell you that you can never prepare for what an amazing blessing it is! And, you can never prepare for the new things God will show you about Himself. Love you and so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteThankful God has opened our eyes! And yes pretending would be easier, but not as BLESSED!!!!!!!!!! Love you... :)
ReplyDelete