Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Licensing News

Today I got to talk with our lovely FC licensing man. Still wish I knew his name...
Anyway, we had a good talk! Mr. and I decided to just become a foster home & a pre-adoptive home, not an "official" adoptive home. We want to foster, and if the opportunity arises that we may be able to adopt, we'll think about that then. But we are not going into this to adopt.
So, with that finally stated- we get our fingerprints done Thursday! And our initial visit next Thursday! I'm kind of relieved & glad that we don't have to travel an hour and a half for classes now that we're not doing the adoption part right away. Everything will be right down the road from us.
He also said that now things are rolling, we should be done in 2 1/2 to 3 months.
3 months!
That is soon!
For some reason I was thinking it was going to take a year, I'm still going to expect not to be done for 6 more months. He did warn me that there are parts that are going to take a big longer then how things are going now.
God's timing will be perfect!


7 comments:

  1. So exciting!!! That's how we entered this foster care world too, and it turns out God might just have us adopt our first case-lol! All HIS plans right? :) Excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

    Can I add that I love your blog banner! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is very exciting. 3 months sounds like a long time to me. (but i am the impatient type.) looking forward to reading about what God is going to do. Blessings, Janelle (thanks for your prayers - God always does take care of us.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting! It's nice to have a general time line. We are hopeful to be approved in February-which seemed like a long time away, but is approaching quickly. Your family will be a huge blessing for any child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that you're going to do the foster thing. I will too some day, just waiting for my kids to get a little older. Good luck, I admire you. Thanks for the follow. :) Have a fabulous weekend. Like your blog so far, I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will move quicker than you think! Blessings to you and your sweet girls!

    ReplyDelete